Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT....where to get 3 CHEAP laptops for XMAS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So Christmas is REALLY NOT THAT far away...at least in my Wife and Kid's eyes.....looks like I'm on the hook for a ONE BIG present EACH as they now all know Santa is DAD......

So, anyone know a vendor that gives a deep deal on bare bones laptops?

Wireless cards, decent speed and memory...they are not gamers....bluetooth a plus but not required.

PC Club can do them around 750 each.....
MattR
If you buy them now, they'll be outdated by christmas time biggrin.gif
dweymer
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Apr 23 2006, 06:24 PM) *

So Christmas is REALLY NOT THAT far away...at least in my Wife and Kid's eyes.....looks like I'm on the hook for a ONE BIG present EACH as they now all know Santa is DAD......

So, anyone know a vendor that gives a deep deal on bare bones laptops?

Wireless cards, decent speed and memory...they are not gamers....bluetooth a plus but not required.

PC Club can do them around 750 each.....

Try tiger direct, I have one of their desktops for work.
VegasRacer
Another satisfied customer
Qarl
av-943.gif
Joe Bob
tiger direct

Not bad for a refurbished Gateway.....$479.00. save me a few bucks and at 12 years old the little monsters have no room to bitch.
Katmanken
Mikey's in trouble...

His blonde darlin's got him pegged...

This year it's laptops... mad.gif

Next year it's braces for EVERYBODY.... sad.gif

Year after that it's $200 a week allowance..... FOR EVERYBODY!!! blink.gif

Year after that, it's brand new convertibles, nothing tacky PUHLEEEZE!!! barf.gif

Year after that, it's credit cards for everybody with unlimited charges and the bills go to dad... headbang.gif

Yup, you been had. owned.gif

I think ya better put them to work to at least pay a part of the computer cost..... That's how my dad kept costs under control... He never said no but I hadda work to help pay for big stuff.... Taught me a lot about costs, work and how to save.

Either that or develop a drinking habit... drunk.gif

On the other hand, mebbe you can get a coupla bucks for the kids by selling them to the traveling gypsys... Or threaten to.... happy11.gif

Ken

Joe Bob
Sheeyit.....braces are THIS year....times two....next year it's contact lenses.....they also dug up my old cell phones and powered them up....they're disconnected but they still have games, ring tones, clock, and can dial 911 if in an emergency......

It's the new thing....all old phones used to get donated to the rape crisis center for battered women on the run from the Hubbie....now the parents are giving them to the kids.... cell phone status for 11 year olds less the cost of activation....

Could be worse...I coulda had a boy like me....
ws91420
Evem Microsux use India for customer support depending on what time you call. Was having a problem with their download server on the East coast here and Joe in India said it was working fine for him. Hello you are in a different continent and off a different server site.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Apr 23 2006, 06:06 PM) *

Could be worse...I coulda had a boy like me....

you told me that was me mad.gif biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Close, you have a smaller weener....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Apr 23 2006, 06:19 PM) *

Close, you have a smaller weener....

it was cold outside man! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.