Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spokane auto cross 4/30/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biggy72
Hey are any of you guys running the auto cross up in Spokane next weekend. I've never been to one, but we're taking our formula car up for a run, and I know the University of Idaho's team will be there too. Should be real interesting.
biggy72
Well nobody said anything, but I figured I'd let you guys know how it went. Three of us drove in the morning, and three in the afternoon and it finally warmed up the pavement in the afternoon enough to get it to stick.

It was my first auto cross and I completely blew my first run, and then progressively got better and was only a tenth off another guy on our team that is a nationally ranked kart racer. In the afternoon we had one of our guys who hadn't ever driven an auto cross before set second fast time, and another guy that's got about 10 years of experience set fast time. I was pretty happy with it as we beat the only other formula car there and this is our first ever car, while they've been doing it for awhile. All in all it was fun and nothing broke which is always nice so it went pretty well.
okieflyr
Welcome to the addiction.... Once you cross over to the black crack(r-compounds) there is no going back... mueba.gif

Kevin 34 XP

QUOTE(biggy72 @ Apr 30 2006, 09:47 PM) *

Well nobody said anything, but I figured I'd let you guys know how it went. Three of us drove in the morning, and three in the afternoon and it finally warmed up the pavement in the afternoon enough to get it to stick.

It was my first auto cross and I completely blew my first run, and then progressively got better and was only a tenth off another guy on our team that is a nationally ranked kart racer. In the afternoon we had one of our guys who hadn't ever driven an auto cross before set second fast time, and another guy that's got about 10 years of experience set fast time. I was pretty happy with it as we beat the only other formula car there and this is our first ever car, while they've been doing it for awhile. All in all it was fun and nothing broke which is always nice so it went pretty well.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.