Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Title ? for the CA folk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I got a CA rainbow title with my last 914 purchase. The seller signed over the "release of interest" line. But we didn't do the odometer statement. It looks like this isn't necessary on cars older than 10 years. I don't know what AZ-MVD will say, they will probably bitch. But, what do you guys typically do with this Odometer Disclosure?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 24 2006, 11:24 AM) *

I got a CA rainbow title with my last 914 purchase. The seller signed over the "release of interest" line. But we didn't do the odometer statement. It looks like this isn't necessary on cars older than 10 years. I don't know what AZ-MVD will say, they will probably bitch. But, what do you guys typically do with this Odometer Disclosure?

If it's over 10 years, we ignore it .................. The Cap'n
TROJANMAN
follow up question........

so do i need to have a '74 car smogged at all in califorina?
in colorado, it's one and done, but you have to have it smogged at least once.

sorry for the slight hijack.
lapuwali
Really, the odo statement is ignored? And I've been filling those out all this time, though nearly always with a tick in the box for "not actual mileage", usually because the odo turned over at least once.

No, a '74 doesn't have to be smogged in CA, not even once. A '76 WOULD have to be smogged, at title transfer, and every two years afterwards.
jasons
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 24 2006, 11:55 AM) *

Really, the odo statement is ignored? And I've been filling those out all this time, though nearly always with a tick in the box for "not actual mileage", usually because the odo turned over at least once.

No, a '74 doesn't have to be smogged in CA, not even once. A '76 WOULD have to be smogged, at title transfer, and every two years afterwards.

Here we have to smog everything back to 66, every year. What do you call that... Tax Collecting?
Porcharu
I would call that a shaft up the backside with no lube dead horse.gif

Here we have to smog everything back to 66, every year. What do you call that... Tax Collecting?

lapuwali
Is there any out in AZ for collector or historic cars? Do you have a visual inspection all the way back to 66?
jasons
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 24 2006, 03:02 PM) *

Is there any out in AZ for collector or historic cars? Do you have a visual inspection all the way back to 66?

There is a bill that has been signed into law that will provide exemption for cars with classic insurance. It is pending EPA approval and that could take a while. So hope is on the horizon.

They pop the hood on cars back to 76 or 75. Not sure which. So on a 73 914 for example, they just sniff it, no visuals.

Its crazy to emission test 40 year old cars. Most of those cars are just peoples toys and only see a few thousand miles per year, tops.
Tobra
They are doing it to generate revenue, it has nothing to do with environmental concerns at all.
Brando
QUOTE(Tobra @ Apr 26 2006, 09:51 PM) *
They are doing it to generate revenue, it has nothing to do with environmental concerns at all.

That, and forcing older cars that can no-way comprehensibly be compliant with 2005/2006 emissions standards off of the road -- meaning you have to buy a newer vehicle that you will not have to smog for at least 5 years, because it is much more fuel efficient and cleaner-burning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.