Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: resurfacing flywheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
Well, my teener is sitting in my driveway with her butt in the air. I am doing a clutch job, and need more parts. So, since I'm waiting for a nice shipment from Pelican,,, anybody know of a good place to get my flywheel re-surfaced? Near L.A.? It looks like my flywheel has NEVER been surfaced. Any body have any suggestions? beerchug.gif

-Rob

Mueller
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:56 PM) *

Well, my teener is sitting in my driveway with her butt in the air. I am doing a clutch job, and need more parts. So, since I'm waiting for a nice shipment from Pelican,,, anybody know of a good place to get my flywheel re-surfaced? Near L.A.? It looks like my flywheel has NEVER been surfaced. Any body have any suggestions? beerchug.gif

-Rob

Isn't RIMCO down there??
skline
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 24 2006, 01:00 PM) *

-Rob

Isn't RIMCO down there??

Yup, they are. They are located in Santa Ana on Dyer Road. They are pretty fast too. I think it is like 65 to resurface. You could get it lightened and balanced while its in there too.
John
If you do get it resurfaced, do get it balanced as well.

I made that mistake once and ended up with a horrable vibration. Replaced the resurfaced flywheel and all was good.

Do it right, do it once.
Allan
Isn't RIMCO down there??
[/quote]

Yep, like Scott said in Santa Ana.

They did mine while I had lunch down the street and only charged me 25 bucks. aktion035.gif
Rotary'14
Wow such fast response!
I looked up RIMCO, they do seem to know what they're doing. Looks like I'll be taking a day off to bring it down to them, unless there are any closer suggestions.

Any body have a favorite in the S.F. valley? I live in L.A. but drive through S.F. valley everyday coming home from work.

Thanks for all the suggestions and replys.

-Rob
Type 4 Unleashed

-Rob

Hi Rob

Closer still, to La is European in Hawthorne, call and talk to JORGE 1-800-722-8678

It's about $25 to surface, and to balance it, it's $35, but he also needs the pressure plate, to balance them correctly.
Cap'n Krusty
Engine Machine Service, near LAX. 310 641 7019. Kelly's Block Welding (they do all kinds of automotive machining) in Marina Del Rey. 310 306 6795 The Cap'n
Brian Mifsud
remember to replace your flywheel bolts while you are in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.