Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Helicopter Tape is GREAT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
I bought a couple of rolls (2 in and 4 in) from ISC in PA and put it on the leading edge of the front lid, on the flarea where stones and such wack things and on the front edge of the rear trunk lid where I always ding the paint working on the engine. After a weekend at the Streets of Willow running both clockwise and counter clockwise there was not a paint chip in my Los Ponchos paint anywhere! Good stuff.
Elliot_Cannon
Is this the stuff they put on the leading edge of the rotor blades?
Elliot
Katmanken
Duct tape works great too.....

People around hear call it "Kentucky Chrome".... happy11.gif

I use it to mask when sandblasting. Ya really got to work at it to destroy it with sandblasting....

Ken
pfierb
QUOTE(john rogers @ Apr 24 2006, 05:38 PM) *

I bought a couple of rolls (2 in and 4 in) from ISC in PA and put it on the leading edge of the front lid, on the flarea where stones and such wack things and on the front edge of the rear trunk lid where I always ding the paint working on the engine. After a weekend at the Streets of Willow running both clockwise and counter clockwise there was not a paint chip in my Los Ponchos paint anywhere! Good stuff.

What is helicopter tape and who or what is ISC?
tdgray
Google and you shall recieve.

H Tape
pfierb
QUOTE(tdgray @ Apr 25 2006, 08:08 AM) *

Google and you shall recieve.

H Tape

Thanks for the site info, boy that is expensive stuff!
PAUL F.
Dr Evil
You think that is expensive, look at what those guys are selling the protective kits for you car for. $$$ and they are only like a meter.
john rogers
Same tape as the helos use. There are two thicknesses, 9 mil and 14 mil and I bought the 14 mil which asorbed the stones really well. At $20 per inch of width for a 60 foot roll it does seem expensive, but it is still cheaper than a new Los Ponchos paint job!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(kwales @ Apr 24 2006, 06:07 PM) *

Duct tape works great too.....
People around hear call it "Kentucky Chrome".... happy11.gif
Ken

Must be a regional thing. In So Cal We called it Mexican Welding. biggrin.gif

Do you have a pic of this helicopter tape? How adhesive is it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.