Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT.. Por 15
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LongARM
I painted this clay sculpture with Por 15, it dries like glass.
looks cool...
beer3.gif
Mueller
that came out nice.....I painted my wheelbarrow....stuff peeled and the damn thing still rusted mad.gif
scotty b
Looks prety cool! I used it once to paint the bottoms of my feet so I could walk on the sand and pavement and make people think I had magical powers like David Blain. Then they would throw their money and sexy bodies at my feet just to hear some of my wisdom.

I didn't make much money. Actually I didn't make any.

Apparently black absorbs heat dry.gif
TonyAKAVW

that came out nice.....I painted my wheelbarrow....stuff peeled and the damn thing still rusted

You know I've had the same problem with POR-15. I am about to paint my engine bay and decided to try out Zero-Rust instead. I have POR-15 covering the floorpans of my 914 and twice I've had to redo areas and I did all the proper preparation.
LongARM
it seems to bond best right over the rust....
welder.gif
jd74914
I agree. I have some on my firewall that peeled and I redid, but other spots on my floor that weren't nearly as clean and the stuff is on their for good.
Dr Evil
It does not like clean at all. Needs to be a mottled (sp) finish.
Qarl
Famous quote...

"I once tried to have sex with my goat and didn't have any condoms lying around. So I painted my johnson with Por-15. Hooray for POR-15! It's syphillis proof!"

Miles Hendrix
SirAndy
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Apr 24 2006, 04:42 PM) *

You know I've had the same problem with POR-15. I am about to paint my engine bay and decided to try out Zero-Rust instead. I have POR-15 covering the floorpans of my 914 and twice I've had to redo areas and I did all the proper preparation.

yepp, especially large areas can be tricky. if the surface is not 100% perfect it will not stick well and you can peel it off in large chuncks ...

BTDT

dry.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.