Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold my 911SC for a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
So I am now completely addicted! Sold my '82 911SC and bought a white 914/6. Drove it from Redding to Stockton, Ca to store until I have room to bring it home, but am stoked to say that I will not miss the 911 because the 6 is sooo fast and light. I found while going through the older papers of the car that Ted Tidwell 60's and 70's racer (Chimney Rock Hill Climb / 904 GTS) was the original owner.
dekman
Congratulations! Looks like you found a great six! and you've got some history with the car. Post more pic's when you can!!! clap56.gif
brp914
Congrats! - pretty car. Is that light ivory? If so, thats how my 6 was born. I went in the opposite direction- I bought a 911 to replace my 914-4. Well, that was 10 yrs ago, and the 914-4 is still here chugging along with 306k miles. 914's are just more fun and practical. 911 are nice for long trips though. How about some more info on your car?
DonTraver
Congradulations, very pretty 6 and with history, doesn't get much better than that.

Don
JeffBowlsby
Wow Mike...very nice...looks great!
type47
what's the VIN?
jtf914
Congrat's beer3.gif Nice -6!!
Michael N
Vin#9140430947. Emailed a previous owner yesterday to get more info. Scott Shepherd told me :

Bought the car in San Diego in 1979. It had the standard 2.0 ltr engine in it at that time. I drove up to San Francisco and stopped of at E.A.S.Y. European Auto Service Yard, they are still in business. A friend of mine was working there and stated that he had a 1973 2.4 ltr S engine that just came in. I had the engine looked at and then had parts of it updated and fixed. We then had it shipped to Jackson Hole Wyoming. I took the car and engine over to the Porsche dealer in Idaho Falls and had the service manager, Claus, install the engine. They were not able to figure out the full installation so I had to take it to Denver to Rennehaus, Grady Clay, who was able to put it all together.

From that date forward my wife and I raced hill climbs and auotcrossed it spring, summer and fall of each year. We had a great time.

I owned the car until early eighties at which time the ex-wife got the car. Her brother rebuilt the car and after that my new wife purchased it back for me as a gift. We then started racing again.

It sat in storage for a few years and I decided to sell some 3 years ago. So it was in our family since 1979 till 2003.

I’m sure we have a lot of photos of the car over the years but not sure where to place my hands on them.

The engine is a great, strong high HP engine. There are many alterations that can be made to gain even more HP but you will need to do some additions to the body and other parts to take the power without coming apart.

Hope that helps you out.

Joe Wong, one of the nicest guys I've ever met, sold me the car. He has a Porsche car collection in Redding that would make any Porsche Fanatic drool with envy. Thus, did not drive it but a handful of times. So many nice cars how do you choose and with a Carrera GT on the way.
Trekkor
Good looking car.
Great story.

More pics are required.

KT
olav
QUOTE(trekkor @ Apr 25 2006, 09:05 AM) *

Good looking car.
Great story.

More pics are required.

KT

I concur!
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Michael N @ Apr 25 2006, 11:09 AM) *

I had to take it to Denver to Rennehaus, Grady Clay, who was able to put it all together.

Grady used to hang out on the Pelican 911 board. I'm not sure if he still does. You might want to see if you can track him down.

I find it fascinating when you can put together a car's history.

Good luck.

Michael N
More pics will follow when i can go and bring the car home to San Jose for good. I am still putting a 74LE back together from the paint shop and until it is complete the 914/6 must stay at my mother's house. Although it is great incentive to complete the 74LE.
Ferg
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Apr 25 2006, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Apr 25 2006, 11:09 AM) *

I had to take it to Denver to Rennehaus, Grady Clay, who was able to put it all together.

Grady used to hang out on the Pelican 911 board. I'm not sure if he still does. You might want to see if you can track him down.

I find it fascinating when you can put together a car's history.

Good luck.

Grady is a friend of mine, and I see him from time to time at PCA meetings ect. I'll send him a link to this thread and see if I can get him to chime in on the car.

Ferg clap56.gif
GradyClay
Guys,

Refresh my memory about the car.

Rennenhaus probably serviced 10% of all the 914-6’s made. I owned more than 1%.

What can I do to help? I am regularly on the Pelican 911 Forum. Feel free to post there.

Best,
Grady
gradyclay@hotmail.com

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(GradyClay @ Apr 25 2006, 04:32 PM) *

Guys,

What can I do to help? I am regularly on the Pelican 911 Forum. Feel free to post there.

Best,
Grady
gradyclay@hotmail.com

welcome aboard grady!

your an ace on the 911bbs, good to see you over here
rickyhgarcia
Congratulations on a fine purchase!!!

You bought what I hope to buy next...a Light Ivory 914-6. That is a beautiful car.
Michael N
QUOTE(GradyClay @ Apr 25 2006, 04:32 PM) *

Guys,

Best,
Grady
gradyclay@hotmail.com

I don't believe that at this point there is much more you can do to help, but more of a THANK YOU for getting the car back right some 20+ years ago. It is nice to have guys that can fix the mess once garage weekend warriors screw them up. I sure have screwed enough up myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.