Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr_Chu
i'm going to start on restoring/upgrading my 74 2.0L soon.

I want to rebuild the motor, i've heard that you can bore/stroke out the stock 2.0L motor into a 2.4L beast.. is that true? how would i go about doing that? could i possibly piece together a turbo setup that would work?

and i also want to improve suspension.. what kind is the best for the car?

randyt914
QUOTE(Mr_Chu @ Apr 24 2006, 07:48 PM) *

i'm going to start on restoring/upgrading my 74 2.0L soon.

I want to rebuild the motor, i've heard that you can bore/stroke out the stock 2.0L motor into a 2.4L beast.. is that true? how would i go about doing that? could i possibly piece together a turbo setup that would work?

and i also want to improve suspension.. what kind is the best for the car?

go check out high performance house in red wood city if your on that side of the bay....
Mueller
check out aircooled technology for the motor questions, but in a nut shell, yes, you can make the motor bigger, it won't be cheap...there are some people here that have built them for a lot less but details are sketchy

as for the suspension, what do you have now and what are you plans?

the stock suspension can be tweaked for very little that'll make it a world class handler...normally you make sure the safety related items are in good condition such as the ball joints and tie rods, then you move onto swaybar(s) and decent shocks and good tires.

could i possibly piece together a turbo setup that would work?

I dunno, if you have to ask, then I'd say no, you cannot do it....once you read a book or 2 on the subject and do some more research and can fab/machine your own stuff, then yes....
anthony
Check out www.aircooledtechnology.com. They sell complete engine kits in 2056, 2270, and 2316 for 914s. They also have a turbo engine kit. 2.4L would result in an odd combo of parts. If you don't want to build one of the kits yourself you can also take it to your mechanic for assembly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.