Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Line Article
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
My '73 2.0L has been sitting around for a loooong time with the original plastic fuel lines pitted just below the battery. Reading about it in Excellence scared me a bit. Guess I gotta replace them soon. Question is: rubber or stainless steel? huh.gif
Midtowner
Oh, and that's the tip of my phillips screw driver pointing at the deepest pitted line. blink.gif
Hoss
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Apr 24 2006, 08:04 PM) *

Oh, and that's the tip of my phillips screw driver pointing at the deepest pitted line. blink.gif

I am new to the teener world, but I can tell you that I ordered a set of SS fuel lines from racerchris before I even bought the car. I am very leery of plastic fuel lines, especially when they run down the tunnel and are thirty years old.

My decision process to go with the stainless steel route was mostly driven by the desire to keep the car for the long run. Probably nothing wrong with rubber, but when you can get a SS set that is bent to fit, it was an easy choice for me.

Good luck with the replacement.
Hammy
I also got SS lines from Chris. Very nice.

I'd imagine it'd be a real biotch to put rubber fuel lines back in the center tunnel.
Lou W
I got my Excellance Magazine too and read the article also, 30 year old car, etc. makes sense to me to replace the fuel lines. I've bought the Stainless Steel Lines from Chris, I think it's cheap insurance. thumb3d.gif
VaccaRabite
I may as well also say that I got lines from Chris last month. I have yet to drive my car. When I bought my 914, I descided that I would not even start it till I had replaced all the fuel lines.

Zach
nomore9one4
I have this same job to do before I get to drive mine again. headbang.gif It is better to be safe than sorry. driving.gif
Midtowner
Well, your responses are pretty unanimous: Stainless Steel from Racerchris! biggrin.gif
olav
I haven't got my Excellence yet!

dry.gif
nomore9one4
I am ordering a set of SS lines from Racer Chris aswell. Hope they come with instructions or I'll be having a jsharp.gif
Midtowner
Look for the GT3 on the front cover - the one Porsche with 3-foot overhangs front and rear. blink.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Apr 25 2006, 12:08 PM) *

Well, your responses are pretty unanimous: Stainless Steel from Racerchris! biggrin.gif
My replacement fuel lines start at the firewall and go through the tunnel, so you still have to do the section you pointed out with rubber hoses. To install the lines through the tunnel the fuel tank and the exhaust (at a minimum) have to be removed.
smile.gif
Midtowner
Hmm, didn't know about removing the exhaust. I guess I'll be installing my SSI's and the stainless lines at the same time. Expect an order very soon. Thanks. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.