Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Copy rights and Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey all,
I just purchased a DVD set off of ebay for a really great price. The guy has over 7K positive feedbacks, but I was reading them (after I bought with paypal of course) and many of them are claiming that they are happy with the "boot leg copies" or "DVD-Rs."

I thought that this was illegal. the seller is out of Canada, but don't they have copyright laws as well? Kinda hard to believe that he would not have been shut down by now. I guess I will have to wait and see what I get.

Any thoughts?
KaptKaos
Since you bought "Steel Magnolias," I am not sure anyone will care.
Dr Evil
It was Beaches flipa.gif
Brando
Last I heard, the MPAC was in shambles.
Joe Bob
There's a jerkoff that sells bootleg stuff that I made the mistake of buying from.... I bought a Shell sticker from him before I started doing my own fakes.... biggrin.gif

Anyways...he had a lot of bad feedback due to his failing to mention they were knock offs....he's a"Powerseller" and as long as eBay gets their cut and the owner of the patent or design doesn't complain....all bets are off.

50stuf is the weasel I had the problem with.....my bank screwed up a money order he insisted that I pay with and somehow it was dishonored..... WTF.gif

They came clean and paid all the fees and sent him a letter apologizing but the schmuck killed me with my only negative feedback.....for a lousy 7 dollar sticker.....

I found out he has a store front in Santa Clarita Valley by Magic Mountain.....One day I am gonna go bye and shit on his counter..... stromberg.gif
Dr Evil
MPAC = Mime Performing Arts College?
neo914-6
Mike,

I bought a duped DVD who shipped it from another location in the US and had no problems with eBay. There's lots sold from Asia probably because it's difficult to regulate...

BTW, do you need a 911 flag mount?
Brando
Motion Picture Association of Canada
morph
hiedi bought a wiggles cd for my kids off e bay and it was a copy she was PISSED. did eveything she could to the seller chair.gif still selling copys today. confused24.gif and i think there disney product
james
Dr Evil
Felix,
Nope, I got an extra base. I may need a new door as I pot the holes in the wrong place. I am working on it.

James,
Hiedi would recognize what I got. It was Monarch of the Glen season 4, 5, 6, 7. For $99 shipped. Noel is an addict of the show.
anthony
What is the seller's name? Sometimes those types of sellers only sell odd out of print titles.
AvalonFal
Ebay won't do a thing unless the copyright owner complains. There are many, many bootleg CD's and DVD's on ebay right now. I've complained to ebay about known bootlegs a couple of times and nothing ever became of it.
DonTraver
Ebay has the disclaimer about copies/fakes, just like others. If no one complains, nothing happens, and when they do you get, oh, sorry, we missed that one, it's all about the money.

Slight Hijack

Just recently saw a news article about Ebay being a great place for thieves/bugerlars to fence the stuff they steal. Ebay of course denies it, right.

The Spring Valley swapmeet here in San Diego just got busted last weekend for bootleg CD's and DVD's by one of the groups that's suing people. Grabbed about $70k in stuff.

See, this is just one more example of why we should have a vendors Hall of Fame, Hall of Shame Forum. just a couple more examples of members not getting what they paid for, ebays dispute system is a joke. The best way to not get ripped off is to not buy from the jerks in the first place. So if the Admins would consider that Forum, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I have issues with ebay, lol.

Don

morph
I actually filed a complaint with disney. It was an easy online form. He got a "no longer a registered user" by his name but he is still currently selling cd's on ebay.

Hiedi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.