Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Blast wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
What type of media is suggested to remove paint and leave texture on 993 wheels?

Thanks for any information.
Brew
Depends on what kinda texture you're looking for. Not only are there different medias, there's different courseness of medias, and they can be sprayed at different pressures to acheive the desired results.
retrotech
I am looking for two possibilities, at opposite ends of spectum.
Either fairly rough to get a magnesium race wheel look, or just enough to remove paint, and use Scotch pad to get a satin, polished finish.
Main thing is I don't want someone locally, to damage the wheels. These won't be Porsche wheel guys. So I want to be able to give them some direction.
Any input greatly appreciated.

SD
Brew
Tough call from here.

I would talk to some car guys, find out who's in the business, and who'd be willing .

That being said, I'd start with either a walnut or soda, just to remove the paint, then get more aggressive as you see fit. Or, blast the back of the wheel first to make sure it'll work for you.

retrotech
Thanks, now I know to ask for walnut/soda, and that will be a good starting point. I will decide, after I can see them without paint!

SD
Mueller
what about chemical stripping?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.