Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I saw 2 914's on the road in Sunny Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
I was in Carlsbad last week on business, and i saw two blue 914's on Palomar Airport road over the course of the week. I do not think that they were the same car, though it is possible. 2 cars in one week! I bet i don't see 2 914's all year, running, on the road, here in Chicago - unless I'm at a track event. Strange. And the weather out there is just horrible. headbang.gif
Mugs914
QUOTE(roundboy914 @ Apr 25 2006, 06:47 AM) *

I was in Carlsbad last week on business, and i saw two blue 914's on Palomar Airport road over the course of the week. I do not think that they were the same car, though it is possible. 2 cars in one week! I bet i don't see 2 914's all year, running, on the road, here in Chicago - unless I'm at a track event. Strange. And the weather out there is just horrible. headbang.gif

Next time you're in town let us know! We have a small band of loyal teeners here in the North County, and several more down south a bit who are always up for a beer3.gif or two.

There are at least five 914s that I know of that frequent that route! Me (white six), Rod Lindsey (red four), Richard Jones (yellow four) and Rocky Kuonen (silver four and white six). There's also another white four that cruises around my neighborhood who'm I've never met. Don't know any blue ones, but I'll keep my eyes open... blink.gif
Brian Mifsud
I'll be joining the masses in the area as soon as I get my EGR lines fabricated and attempt to pass SMOG for the first time on the rollers..
Hoss

I run a yellow '76 in north county as well. It was originally an L97B, so technically it is blue, but you would have to get under the car to determine that.

Hope that the smog run works out for you, Brian.
bryanc
I've seen a White one with gold inverted PORSCHE lettering and wheels (IIRC, I never remember the color of anything) on the roads around Valley Center.
rcrgrl
Me too, I have Phoenix Red '72. I'm in Alpine & Mission Valley mostly though. And I know of at least 3 others in East County - 2 that run!
Mugs914
welcome.png

Sounds like it's getting to be time for another Insane Diego get together.... beerchug.gif
cbenitah
I was running a red, now its silver on jackstands biggrin.gif and I'm in Pacific Beach I'm up for a beer3.gif or two
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.