Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 2.0 in SoCA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Reasonable price for what looks like a nice car, especially if it is factory black. No connection, wish I lived closer.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=272605
skline
After looking at the pics, I just dont see $6500 for a restorable car. The body has dings and dents and many scratches, the wiring under the dash looks like a night mare. I think if someone were to do a PPI on they would find it is more like a $3k car at best. This is just MHO.
TROJANMAN
Same Car
skline
Yes it is the same car. See, I really am that good and all I did was look at the pictures. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I still stand by my statement that if a PPI was done the true value of that car would be cut in half at least. Maybe more. If they put that GEX engine in there, it will be a $1500.00 car. smile.gif

The mechanic wants the original engine out of it I am sure as it is a real 2.0 and running is worth twice what the GEX engine is worth. And he knows it. Watch out for brooks like that. Did he say his name was stromberg.gif
Porsche Rescue
I guess Scott doesn't like the car.

After reading the earlier thread (when the price was $7900), I don't see where anyone has actually seen the car. Seems to me a low-mile, possibly original paint, factory black 2.0 with all the stuff is worth a look before giving up on it. Just talking with the mechanic who is selling it for the owner is not a basis for rejecting it. And I don't see all the dents/rust bubbles in the Samba pics. Are there others? A running 2.0 with FI and all the stuff and only a little rust is worth $6500 all day long in today's market.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.