Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone used the"new" foil backed sound deadening pad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Has anybody used the "new" type of engine firewall sound deadening pad like the one currently on ebay (item #8059556668)?? Made of "sound deadening felt with reinforced foil backing on both sides", die cut to fit & edges bound. Would be interested in your opinions.
blitZ
I used FatMat, a less expensive version of Dynamat, when I redid my interior. I stuck it to the floor and back wall. Works very well much lighter too.
Jenny
Sound proofing is for suckers, and owners that aren't afraid of rust. smile.gif

Jen
Howard
Have it. Like it. Just be sure to seal the top (I used Nashua foil tape) so water doesn't get behind it.
grasshopper
agree.gif a lot quieter and lighter. I was really pleased with it, and it made the engine compartment look a little nicer.
RustyWa
I used it on my last car and liked it.
Al Meredith
I've got a 912E and the foam pad was shot, so when I removed the engine and trans I pressure washed all the old foam. Firewall had glue streaks all over so I wanted to cover ( the noise doesn't bother me but it looked bad) Performance Parts has a 911 foil precut pad for +/- $150. I bought a 4' X 6" sheet of wool backed foil from JC Whitney for $30 and made a patern. Had a trim shop sew a border around the edge.....Looks great . Since I had a lot left over I made two extra.. Anyone want one? $50 Al
firstknight13
i have one for sale what i paid for it 40 + shipping
Joe Bob
apbiz is a vendor that I used in the past.....I cut the pattern for the one he sells on eBay and at Pelican.
BarberDave

I like the look of just the painted fire wall ,so I put Dynamat on the inside for the noise suppression. Dave slap.gif
TINCAN914
I also bought the fatmat. Did the dor panels, and the rear trunk. Then on the rear trunk I went over and bought the felt carpetkit they sell for about $14.00 4'x6' I think, can of spray adhesive and rolled it out. Looks much nicer... Once I clean the interior and fire wall, I will mount the rest of it.
bernbomb914
my pad was the pattern that (**) cut. I got the frist one and am very happy with the results.

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.