Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Q: Can I subsitute VW 2.0 Vanagon Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankc
Did a quick search, but could not find the answer.

I have two leaking injectors and would like to replace them with new injectors or good used injectors.

Has anyone replaced them with VW 2.0L injectors from a vanagon? Or a similar vehicle?

I was quoted $210/each for the original Bosch - yikes!

Thanks,

Frank
lapuwali
Probably not. The Vanagon injectors are L-Jet, and very likely a different flow rate, than the injectors on your 914, which uses D-Jet unless it's a 1.8. The connectors will be different, as well.

If you have a 1.8, I believe the 1.8 L-jet injectors are 185cc/min, so try to find the specs on the 2.0 Vanagon injectors to see if they're the same flow rate. It's possible they are the same. If the flow rate is not the same, you'll end up with a substantially different mixture in those two cylinders.
Leo Imperial
I just replaced one of mine with a rebuilt one from Pelican. The rebuilder they use is called Python. You could get all four for slightly more than the quote you got for a single new injector. I ordered on Thursday and had it next day by 5pm.
Cap'n Krusty
In all the years I've worked on EFI cars, I've NEVER had a satisfactory experience with ANY rebuilt injectors. The Cap'n

yarin
spend $12/each and see if cruzinperformance can clean em for u.
Bleyseng
far as I know you can't mix and match Ljet and Djet injectors
BMartin914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 25 2006, 12:04 PM) *

In all the years I've worked on EFI cars, I've NEVER had a satisfactory experience with ANY rebuilt injectors. The Cap'n

I'd have to agree. I put a set of reman. Python injectors on one of my cars and 2 of the injectors (5 and 6, on a I6 engine) failed almost simultaneously. Took me forever to figure out the issue because I had just replaced the injectors less than 20K miles before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.