Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS Heat Exchanger on Ebay 1.7 or 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
I have a new passenger side 2.0 heat exchanger and I need a drivers side. This one came up on Ebay advertised as a 2.0, they have since changer the ad. Looks like a 1.7 to me, what do you think? confused24.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
michel richard
look like 1.7 to me too.
blitZ
Does not look like a 2.0, it has the upturn curved pipe at the end.

Sorry
Allan
1.7/1.8 style...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 25 2006, 02:04 PM) *

1.7/1.8 style...

agree.gif

but, it'll fit a 2.0L if you get a 1.7/1.8 muffler ...
smile.gif Andy
914Sixer
There is two surefire ways to find out. The diameter of the exhaust flange and the size of the down tube from the head will tell you right away which one it is. The 2.0 is larger in both cases. I do not have the demensions here at work however.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2006, 05:35 PM) *

There is two surefire ways to find out. The diameter of the exhaust flange and the size of the down tube from the head will tell you right away which one it is. The 2.0 is larger in both cases. I do not have the demensions here at work however.

The biggest surefire indicator is that the 2.0 SSIs are flat, and the 1.7/1.8s are bent down at the tips - which the one pictured is. They will work for the 2.0 - the connection points are the same. But you won't be able to run one 2.0 and one 1.7 on the same car. At least, not without a seriously funky custom exhaust.

Zach
tod914
would a new exchanger have the blackened ends on it? was looking for a set of nos myself, but think thats a long shot.
Mueller
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2006, 02:35 PM) *

the ID of the tubes is the same on the SSI's...only differance is the mounting attachment point to the muffler

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 25 2006, 06:29 PM) *

would a new exchanger have the blackened ends on it? was looking for a set of nos myself, but think thats a long shot.

New would be all shiney... And cost upwards of $1200 for a set. If you can find them. AA was advertising them, but they were $$$.

I got mine used for much cheaper. Much much cheaper...

Zach
MarkV
I have a brand new passenger side hanging on the wall in my garage. Kind of a long shot trying to find a NOS drivers side. The 1.7 type are not an option as I have a factory 2.0 muffler that I want to keep. AA shows new ones for $605ea but who knows if they really have them. I don't want to deal with them even if I was willing to pay their price.
Allan
QUOTE(MarkV @ Apr 25 2006, 05:09 PM) *

I have a brand new passenger side hanging on the wall in my garage. Kind of a long shot trying to find a NOS drivers side. The 1.7 type are not an option as I have a factory 2.0 muffler that I want to keep. AA shows new ones for $605ea but who knows if they really have them. I don't want to deal with them even if I was willing to pay their price.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT EVERYONE>????
Mueller
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 25 2006, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(MarkV @ Apr 25 2006, 05:09 PM) *

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT EVERYONE>????

wow...allan has had too much caffine smile.gif

don't look like "yelling" to me..the font is bigger, but it's not all CAPS chair.gif
MarkV
The default font is too Small on my office screen.
Allan
Sorry, all I know is that all SS exchangers are the same diameter and will work on all motors. You just have to consider the SMOG laws for your area AND buying all the associated heating/ducting parts to fit the earlier exchangers to fit a newer car.

I want it to work, and it will. You just have to find the asociated ducts!!!!
JeffBowlsby
Why not get the 1.7 pipes and mod the ends to the 2.0l configuration?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.