Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproduction Sun Visors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
I saw a couple of old threads about people who were looking into this, but none that really went anywhere.

Anyone know a source of good repro sun-visors?

Doug
Qarl
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Apr 25 2006, 05:33 PM) *

I saw a couple of old threads about people who were looking into this, but none that really went anywhere.

Anyone know a source of good repro sun-visors?

Doug

No source exists. Some companies can fabricate a visor, using the existing mounts and frame, but it looks a bit different.

This can be done... it will involve sending a nice set of to China to get reproduced.
dagdal1967
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 25 2006, 01:38 PM) *

No source exists. Some companies can fabricate a visor, using the existing mounts and frame, but it looks a bit different.

This can be done... it will involve sending a nice set of to China to get reproduced.

Hmmm .. I was hoping that was NOT the answer. I have a feeling that what I'm going to end up doing is getting my sewing machine out, buying some nice vinyl and doing it myeslf.

UGH.. Not what I wanted!

But I't will bring me great satisfaction if I can pull it off.

Doug
Mueller

This can be done... it will involve sending a nice set of to China to get reproduced

Qool,

Is Canada much cheaper labor wise than the US?? I've been watching How It's Made and it seems they are all filmed in Canada and just about everything is made there in one fashion or another.....
Mueller
Hmmm .. I was hoping that was NOT the answer. I have a feeling that what I'm going to end up doing is getting my sewing machine out, buying some nice vinyl and doing it myeslf.

UGH.. Not what I wanted!

But I't will bring me great satisfaction if I can pull it off.

Doug

put the sewing machine away "Betty the Homemaker" smile.gif

I don't think it would be too difficult to thermo weld a new set together...just never looked into the material pattern and properties of it....hmmmm idea.gif
dagdal1967
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 25 2006, 01:52 PM) *

put the sewing machine away "Betty the Homemaker" smile.gif

I don't think it would be too difficult to thermo weld a new set together...just never looked into the material pattern and properties of it....hmmmm idea.gif

Well let me know what you find out.. I hate looking at the mushy marshmallows that are my sun visors! ;-)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 25 2006, 02:47 PM) *

This can be done... it will involve sending a nice set of to China to get reproduced

Qool,

Is Canada much cheaper labor wise than the US?? I've been watching How It's Made and it seems they are all filmed in Canada and just about everything is made there in one fashion or another.....

aha! i was watching the same thing, and was like - whoa! the factory is all white people, i figures slovakia or something, but you are correct. its canada
GWN7
"How It's Made" is mostly filmed in Quebec. Everyone is the colour mentioned, because were frozen for 1/2 the year biggrin.gif

Ok, back on topic....... try These guys for new visors. The person who shared the link says they are not concours but look very nice.
nomore9one4
Dagdal, keep an eye on ebay. I had a perfect set of visors and could only get $40. So there out there. Just keep looking. burnout.gif
Rockaria
I took a set of ratty visors to my local Upolsterer. Two days later and he made some really nice visors for me out of vinyl and such. Could have done it in Leather as well. They are not perfectly original looking, but darn nice... 100% guarentee not to BLOWFISH on me!

$75 bucks cash was all it took

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Grimstead
I had these done by Alberto (lagunero on the board) and they came out really nice. I'm pretty sure he can do more if enough people ask him to.
Qarl
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Apr 25 2006, 07:53 PM) *

I had these done by Alberto (lagunero on the board) and they came out really nice. I'm pretty sure he can do more if enough people ask him to.

Yes, the sewn visors is the typical solution. Somewhere here there is a post with a link to a company tha can do this.

You lose the mirror and map pocket (no biggie).

I have a NEW passenger side visor in a box. biggrin.gif

Was enver ablet to find a new driver's side visor.

Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 25 2006, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 25 2006, 02:47 PM) *

Qool,

aha! i was watching the same thing, and was like - whoa! the factory is all white people, i figures slovakia or something, but you are correct. its canada

Canadians do fine work.

I wish more of the would immigrate to the south.
BarberDave
I had a set made by a company in Fl. I can't remember there name' but all they do is make and restore visors. Maybe some one from there
can be of help. They were $69.00, no mirror or pocket. Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.