Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leak Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I'm trying to fix a small oil leak on the drivers side of the motor (Passenger side if it's in a 911). I was advised to jack the car up so it is leaning towards the passenger side to allow any residual oil to flow over and away from the drivers side of the motor. It makes sense, but after I got to thinking, the oil tank is on the drivers side so wouldn't that encourage the oil to flow towards to passenger side and just fill up the case?
Allan
I should probably wait until tomorrow.

Or maybe 2 or 3 days.....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 25 2006, 04:56 PM) *

I'm trying to fix a small oil leak on the drivers side of the motor (Passenger side if it's in a 911). I was advised to jack the car up so it is leaning towards the passenger side to allow any residual oil to flow over and away from the drivers side of the motor. It makes sense, but after I got to thinking, the oil tank is on the drivers side so wouldn't that encourage the oil to flow towards to passenger side and just fill up the case?

No. The tank will drain down as the engine cools, but it won't be a problem. Your engine's a 2.7, so plan on leaks. As long as they're minor, you'll probably have to live with them. The Cap'n
J P Stein
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 25 2006, 06:13 PM) *

Your engine's a 2.7, so plan on leaks. As long as they're minor, you'll probably have to live with them. The Cap'n

Hay! My 2.7 resembles that remark........drip, drip, drip huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.