Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urgent Help Needed for a 94teener!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
racerbvd
One of our 914 brothers is nearing the end with his battle (5 year) cancer. He is currently in Hospice, but may be going home soon to finish his battle. This guy is a huge 914 guy, and owns many cars and tons of parts, but what can you do to help, send pictures of your 914 car/projects with a note about them and what ever. Phil is a certified 914 nut, who now is stuck in bed, so your notes & 914 pics will go a long way to fuel his Porsche desires and fill his days. He can't get up to check his PC, so snail is best. Phil has never met a stranger with a 914, so please help make his remaining time pass. PM me for the addy. Phil loves looking at 914 pictures & old stories!!!

TIA
jasons
icon_bump.gif
jasons
icon_bump.gif Again....
racerbvd
We have a good start guys, and Phil is going home today, where he will be able to look out the window and see his 914s. Please keep the PMs coming and get the pictures & notes flowing!! wavey.gif

Please help keep this on top!!

Byron
nomore9one4
burnout.gif
racerbvd
Please keep the PMs coming guys & start sending the pix & notes!! beerchug.gif
racerbvd
popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
your a good friend for him. Cancer sux, I lost a step mom and a co-worker to it.
racerbvd
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 27 2006, 08:06 AM) *

your a good friend for him. Cancer sux, I lost a step mom and a co-worker to it.

Thanks, he has been a good friend & 914 mentor for 20 years. I lost my Grandmother to cancer 3 years ago, and was there the full time, yes, it is very rough, but one has to rise to be there for those who have been there for us.

His postings here prove that he was here for everyone beer.gif Most active in 914Club Garage
( 192 posts / 92% of this member's active posts )
racerbvd
Thanks guys, keep the notes & pix coming clap56.gif
Qarl
Phil drove down from Jax one Saturday and helped me drop my 1.8 from my current project car!

Too bad he had was wearing a Ferrari shirt. I made sure to get lots of grease on it. biggrin.gif

Phil is a truly nice 914 nut and has accumulated tons of neat 914 stuff.

Phil and I also met up at Brumos' Octoberfest one year.

IPB Image

Here's to better health, Phil!

beerchug.gif

If he can get online... lots of pics at http://www.my914-6.com
racerbvd
Karl,
Print that picture and a few others and send a note to Phil. He loves opening mail!!!

QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 29 2006, 11:57 AM) *

Phil drove down from Jax one Saturday and helped me drop my 1.8 from my current project car!

Too bad he had was wearing a Ferrari shirt. I made sure to get lots of grease on it. biggrin.gif

Phil is a truly nice 914 nut and has accumulated tons of neat 914 stuff.

Phil and I also met up at Brumos' Octoberfest one year.

IPB Image

Here's to better health, Phil!

beerchug.gif

If he can get online... lots of pics at http://www.my914-6.com

fin
Phil,

Pick up a copy of "Winter Morning Walks: 100 postcards to Jim Morrison" by Ted Kooser. Ted's the current Poet Laureate and he wrote those 100 poets to his friend while going through Chemo. He lives on a farm in Nebraska, so the poems are about simple things in life. And try Lance Armstrong's book too.

Lance's book helped alot when I went through Chemo three years ago. Ted's book helps now.

I'll PM you too.

Keep looking up,

Ned

racerbvd
QUOTE(fin @ Apr 29 2006, 06:04 PM) *

Phil,

Pick up a copy of "Winter Morning Walks: 100 postcards to Jim Morrison" by Ted Kooser. Ted's the current Poet Laureate and he wrote those 100 poets to his friend while going through Chemo. He lives on a farm in Nebraska, so the poems are about simple things in life. And try Lance Armstrong's book too.

Lance's book helped alot when I went through Chemo three years ago. Ted's book helps now.

I'll PM you too.

Keep looking up,

Ned

Thanks for the info Ned, I have another friend currently on chemo to pass this along to too.
Gint
PM sent...

... icon_bump.gif
BMXerror
this deserves a icon_bump.gif
nynone4
icon_bump.gif Back up to the top. Sent you a PM Byron.
racerbvd
Thanks guys!! I was there when Phil opened Jason's note and picture, he loved it!! Thanks Again, And thanks to Rick for the 8X10 prints, he looked at them all day Sat trying to figure out what engine is in it. Please keep the notes & pix coming. As soon as I can figure out how to get pictures off my new phone, I'll post them. beerchug.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(racerbvd @ May 2 2006, 09:24 AM) *

Thanks guys!! I was there when Phil opened Jason's note and picture, he loved it!! Thanks Again, And thanks to Rick for the 8X10 prints, he looked at them all day Sat trying to figure out what engine is in it. Please keep the notes & pix coming. As soon as I can figure out how to get pictures off my new phone, I'll post them. beerchug.gif

Sorry for the poor pix, new camera phone

Phil yesterday checking his mail
IPB Image biggrin.gif

Bed set up so he can see his pride & joy:D IPB Image
Qarl
Hey guys!

Print a couple of pics of your restorations, your engine project, anything and send some snailmail to Phil.

Phil is the true definition of a 914 nut and can use some mail to keep his mind off of things.

Think of the time you "waste" on 914club, and devote 10 minutes of that time and write Phil a letter.

You don't even have to know Phil or have ever met him. Phil doesn't care. He already knows you... he's a 914 maniac like all of us!

Just PM or e-mail Racerbvd for his snail mail address and he'll send it to you.

As far as I understand, Phil isn't on the computer, so you need to break out a pen and paper, or type something in your word processor.

Thanks!

I know Phil will appreciate hearing from the 914 community!

Qarl
jonwatts
If you think this club is about more than just the cars you have Phil to thank for it. He is one of the forefathers that showed us all how to be a community.

icon_bump.gif
URY914
A little more info on Phil. The owner of Brumos offered to sell him the silver 916 years ago and he didn't have the money. They wanted 10k or something stupid like that for it.

PM sent..

Paul
TROJANMAN
icon_bump.gif
address please........
racerbvd
Karl is correct, these letters & pix really mean a lot to him, so please keep them coming.

Thanks Again,

Byron

QUOTE(Qarl @ May 2 2006, 07:51 PM) *

Hey guys!

Print a couple of pics of your restorations, your engine project, anything and send some snailmail to Phil.

Phil is the true definition of a 914 nut and can use some mail to keep his mind off of things.

Think of the time you "waste" on 914club, and devote 10 minutes of that time and write Phil a letter.

You don't even have to know Phil or have ever met him. Phil doesn't care. He already knows you... he's a 914 maniac like all of us!

As far as I understand, Phil isn't on the computer, so you need to break out a pen and paper, or type something in your word processor.

Thanks!

Qarl

Qarl
I sent my letter off today (with 19 photos).

What about you???
TROJANMAN
typed my letter this morning, and i am having my assistant run some color photos for me off of my computer. smile.gif

icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
racerbvd
Thanks guys, Phil didn't get any pictures or notes yesterday, and there was a very noticeable difference in his mood, these little notes & pictures really do help him have a better day, his cancer is terminal, he isn't going to get better, so all that we can do is make what time he has left comfortable, so please take a few minutes to write a note about your 914 and send a few pix, this really does help him a lot.

Lou W
Thanks for sending me his address, I will send something out tomorrow.
bd1308
pm me the addy...

I've got one hell of a story for him.

I'm going to call it, "Three Engines, One Man and Two Years: An Epic of one 914 Owner's Frustration"

b
racerbvd
QUOTE(bd1308 @ May 4 2006, 06:24 PM) *

pm me the addy...

I've got one hell of a story for him.

I'm going to call it, "Three Engines, One Man and Two Years: An Epic of one 914 Owner's Frustration"

b

Thanks Guys clap56.gif and you sir have a PM welcome.png
morph
I'll be sending him something.
racerbvd
Watched the GP with Phil today and he showed me the pix you guys have been sending, he is very proud of them, and Karl, your project looks a lot like mine clap56.gif What pinball machine is that?? Please guys, keep the pix & notes coming, you may not relize how much this is helping him. He did have a fall the other night and hurt his back, so your pix are helping take his mind off the pain clap56.gif Rick, he really is enjoying your pix. Phil love to look at the pix and figure out what parts are what is stock (again Rick, Phil had a great time trying to figure out your engine shot, he called me when he opened your package to have me come up and help him figure out what you are running idea.gif

Thanks Again,
Byron
racerx7
I have an old 914 pillow from my x-wife. It must be from around 1990 I
am guessing. Would he like that or this that just too much cluter?

picture of 914 pillow in it's current condition.
racerbvd
QUOTE(racerx7 @ May 7 2006, 08:02 PM) *

I have an old 914 pillow from my x-wife. It must be from around 1990 I
am guessing. Would he like that or this that just too much cluter?

picture of 914 pillow in it's current condition.

I sent you a PM, He would love it, he has trouble with pillows, and needs one under his back since he fell on Thurs, and this would be great for his spirit!!
Thanks Byron
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
racerx7
Shipped this morning. They said it should be there 2-3 days.
racerbvd
Thanks Racerx7,

Phil isn't doing very well right now, the tumor on his brain may have grown, his memory is really bad now, and the out look doesn't look good sad.gif
Phil got a few more of your note & pictures today and that did lift his spirits, so please, lets keep these going, and I saw in another threat, that one of our 914 brothers out of Cali has gone to Iraq, we should send him some notes too.

Thanks again guys, this really means alot to Liz & I sad2.gif
root
I just read your post about Phil. Please send me his address, I would like to contribute some photo's and a couple of one liners to help bring up his spirits!
Thanks Rod (root) Rowland smile.gif

Hey guys!

Thanks!

Qarl

Qarl
sad.gif

Bump!

Please help.
racerbvd
Thanks, I PMed you. You know, it is funny that something so simple to most of us can really mean so much to someone. Please keep them coming, the sand is running out and I want to make sure that Phil has as many positive thoughts to keep his mind busy as posible, and your note and pictures do that.

Those who know Phil, know his love for 914s started when he bought his 1st brand new one back in the 70s beer3.gif

QUOTE(root @ May 8 2006, 01:31 PM) *

I just read your post about Phil. Please send me his address, I would like to contribute some photo's and a couple of one liners to help bring up his spirits!
Thanks Rod (root) Rowland smile.gif

Hey guys!

Thanks!

Qarl

bd1308
I'll get something out in the mail tomorrow.

b
pib
Please PM me his address.
Thanks
-Pete
Qarl
Bump to the top. icon_bump.gif

Please send a note and photo to Phil before it is too late.

As stated before, you don' t even have to have known him... He's a 914 fanatic and that's all that matters.

It's a small investment... a piece of paper, a stamp, a few photos and 5-10 minutes of your time... that will mean SOOOOO much to someone in need.

We've pulled together as a 914 community in the past for great causes. This is another cause worthy of our attention.

Regards,

Qarl
jasons
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 9 2006, 08:21 AM) *

It's a small investment... a piece of paper, a stamp, a few photos and 5-10 minutes of your time... that will mean SOOOOO much to someone in need.

Seriously, it took me 10 minutes and a stamp. icon_bump.gif

racerbvd
Thanks Jason & Root!!!!!
elwood-914
Pm me his address and I will get something in the mail to him.....
Qarl
Bump! icon_bump.gif

Byron, how's Phil today?

Did any more letters arrive?

Regards,

Qarl
philinjax
Hello 94teeners!

This is Phil's wife, Liz. Phil has gotten something in the mail from you nearly every day for about a week and now looks forward to mail call. Byron brought over a cork board today for all the pictures. I can see that pretty soon he will have a very nice, very large collection of 914 photos! You are a great group of people and you have warmed my heart and made Phil's days a lot brighter.

Thanks,

Liz

P.S. Here he is today with Byron opening Sean's 914 pillow. Thanks Sean!
Click to view attachment

Qarl
Woohoo! I am glad we can help.

Lix, if you can every now and then please keep us posted on Phil. We're all thinking of him.

Regards,

Qarl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.