Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maiden Voyage of the Blue Meanie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Thanks to Trekkor a video of the first AX in the new 914-6 at its first AX. I was being very gentle on accelerator due to broken/weak throttle linkage. I think it made me faster!

Marina AX Video

Andyrew
Wow!

That looks like a fun course!!

car looks amazing!
grantsfo
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 25 2006, 11:03 PM) *

Wow!

That looks like a fun course!!

car looks amazing!

The course was a blast! Nice flow between corners and the skidpad feature was cool. Sometimes tight courses like this can be a drag to drive, this one was fun.
mharrison
Nice run....looks like a blast!
VaccaRabite
I can't wait to get my car drivable to be able to do stuff like this. Your car looks great.

Zach
Lou W
That was fun, thanks for the ride. smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
The car looks pretty balanced already.
When you do start working out the suspension...Look out!

Good car. Good build.

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE(trekkor @ Apr 26 2006, 08:28 AM) *

The car looks pretty balanced already.
When you do start working out the suspension...Look out!

Good car. Good build.

KT

I was really suprised at how balanced the car felt. Its a fairly soft set up with 200 lb springs in rear, no rear bar, 21 mm front Welt bar and stock torsions. Lost my front Koni adjustables to non adjustable Bilstiens in the 5 lug conversion, but still have adjustable konis in the rear. I think the current softness actually was an advantage in AX. Quite a few other cars, not 914's) were lifting tires all the way off the pavement in those tight corners. I think the biggest improvement will come when I replace the Victoracers with either Hooisers or 710s on the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.