Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission reverse switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I am serviceing my transmission and it seems like the transmission switch is a major leak. I think it's leaking through the electrical portion. anybody ever have a similiar problem?

On a side note,, about how much does a replacement switch cost,, mine is pretty beat up too.

-Rob
Marlow
Mine seeps a little bit. But I took mine apart to fix it. When I reassembled it I used gasket sealer to seat it up but it still leaks a little bit. They're pretty pricey for what they are, $82 at PelicanParts.
URY914
Do you mean the reverse light switch?
Rotary'14
Yeah I mean the reverse light switch on the transmission.

-Rob
Demick
Yes, I have had a tranny leak through the reverse light switch. I suspected that the switch itself was leaking, so I disconnected the wires and put an uninflated balloon over the switch housing. A couple days later the balloon had a bunch of tranny fluid in it - confirming that the leak was through the switch itself.

Of course, this was 6 or 7 years ago when new switches were $25. Looks like they are much more now.

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.