Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
Interesting car and buyitnow seems reasonable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItemClick to view attachment
TROJANMAN
I saw that yesterday. Is that a factory color? ( i like it smile.gif )

I guess it really isn't that important to see out the rear window in an AX laugh.gif
yarin
Wow.. buy it now of $3000!

Sounds like an amazing package if its all there.. If it was streetable i'd be extremely interested. I don't need two caged 914s, hehe.
jet1
If I didn't have two 914's to finish I would buy it without a second thought. it has to be worth much more then 3k just in parts. not to mention the body looks to be in good shape for the east coast.
yarin
too late... someone grabbed it with Buy It Now.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(jet1 @ Apr 26 2006, 02:42 PM) *

If I didn't have two 914's to finish I would buy it without a second thought. it has to be worth much more then 3k just in parts. not to mention the body looks to be in good shape for the east coast.

I was thinking the same thing. The parts would have been worth the purchase.
Take what I wanted for my car and sell the rest.

Hey Jet1,
Gardner is a great area. A fun run in your area would be worth the drive.
Miniwaska State Park and the Gunks.
iamchappy
My brother purchased a new 76 that color. It's a great color. Appears to be a repaint though.
jhadler
I dunno, look at the picture of the engine. The engine tin looked to be way missaligned with the shelf. Then I noticed that there was no shelf. Methinks hell hole problems...

-Josh2
jet1
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Apr 26 2006, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(jet1 @ Apr 26 2006, 02:42 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. The parts would have been worth the purchase.
Take what I wanted for my car and sell the rest.

Hey Jet1,
Gardner is a great area. A fun run in your area would be worth the drive.
Miniwaska State Park and the Gunks.

Gardiner is a very good location for a fun run, i just have to get a 914 back on the road first. One is in the garage with half the passenger long cut off and the other is a roller that needs rear suspension rust repair. On the good side I have two good engines and transmissions to go back in after the body work. maybe by the end of the summer I will have one of them back together.
East coaster
What's this thing??? (red arrow)

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(jhadler @ Apr 26 2006, 01:15 PM) *

I dunno, look at the picture of the engine. The engine tin looked to be way missaligned with the shelf. Then I noticed that there was no shelf. Methinks hell hole problems...

looks fine to me, he's just not running the rubber seals ...
smile.gif Andy
i love porsche
this car is like 3 towns over from me...if i had 3 grand i woulda snatched it up!

looks like fun, maybe ill get to see it around at some future AX's
turboman808
Looks like the one I saw at the autox 4 weeks ago. Don't have access to my pictures right now but I think thats the same one.

opps can't be he said he hasn't autox since october
Racer
I remember when that car was for sale by a PO back in the late 1990's. I think it was on the market for 4k. Amost got a buddy to buy it. Someone else snatched it up. Saw it at some NNJR PCA events. The guys bought it to have fun with it. Did all kinds of engine "enhancements" and then it kinda disappeared... I gues its back!
Allan
Looks like part of the engine shelf is missing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.