Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Gotta love Boulder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
Politically and environmentally correct, hip, progressive, diverse, offbeat, alternative, and most of all outdoorsy, Boulder is where Birkenstocks, bicycles, college riots and NOW Road Ragers roam.

(I think the guy in the mercedes had his Birkenstocks on a little too tight.) alfred.gif
GWN7
Mork was from Boulder...NaNu NaNu
alpha434
Looks to me like the guy in the Mazda was asking for it.

Besides. Boulder ROCKS!!! Wild college girls everywhere and no smoking in the whole town! My kinda place. Don't forget that the football team gets a huge discount on hookers! Freakin sweet!!!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:30 AM) *

No smoking in the whole town!

Are you sure about that? Did n;t you see the news video from 4/20? smoke.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 26 2006, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(alpha434 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:30 AM) *

No smoking in the whole town!

Are you sure about that? Did n;t you see the news video from 4/20? smoke.gif

No *bad* smoking allowed. smoke.gif

Michelle used to live up there and told me about a guy that got shot during a confrontation on US 36 as the result of a road rage incident.
jhadler
Please... Everyone knows that Mercedes SUV's have right of way in Niwot...

It may be Boulder County, but it's not Boulder.

-Josh2
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Michelle used to live up there and told me about a guy that got shot during a confrontation on US 36 as the result of a road rage incident.

You gotta love the republican hippies that hug trees, drive mercedes, smoke pot, and carry guns biggrin.gif
jasons
Didn't those hippies burn the town after a football game or during their Halloween mushroom festival or something?

Reminds me of the South Park when Cartman stops the "Jam Band" festival....

drewvw
I dig boulder...my bro and best friend live in the area but that place has serious overpopulation issues right now. Too many transplants.

I have a funny road rage story in Denver regarding my mom, but I won't tell it unless people REALLY want to hear it. Its good but a little embarassing biggrin.gif
race914
Is Tulagi's still there?
balljoint
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 26 2006, 01:23 PM) *

Mork was from Ork. slap.gif

IPB Image
Ferg
Just had lunch on the walking mall biggrin.gif Nice town once you get past all the hippies and wacko's blink.gif

I've do have about 4 different canyon roads all at my doorstep for the luch hour de-stress driving.gif

Ferg
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 26 2006, 11:12 AM) *

I've do have about 4 different canyon roads all at my doorstep for the luch hour de-stress driving.gif

Ferg

and finally a car to drive on them driving.gif

birthday.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(race914 @ Apr 26 2006, 10:25 AM) *

Is Tulagi's still there?

I think I heard that they closed or were planning to close.

It's not the city of Boulder that is facing overpopulation issues (they have had growth restrictions since the 80s), it is everywhere else in the Denver-Boulder area. The bedroom communities around Boulder are exploding. I'm sure Ferg can vouch for that.

Regardless, Boulder is a nice town. I enjoyed the time I spent up there.
jhadler
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 26 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Didn't those hippies burn the town after a football game or during their Halloween mushroom festival or something?

Reminds me of the South Park when Cartman stops the "Jam Band" festival....

<rant>

Nah, those were the spoiled brat CU students who rioted when cops started to crack down on underage drinking... Hmm, let's see here... Underage drinking is illegal, cops enforce the law on PUBLIC property. So what do they do? Assault the same cops and then complain about excessive force? I think they should be lucky to still be breathing, throw a freakin' brick at a cop, get the crap beat out of you. Anyone should be able to do -that- math. Even a moron CU student... Okay, I guess not all of 'em are that smart...

</rant>

-Josh2

TROJANMAN
drunk.gif
WaideS
Bless you Greg, bless you
WaideS
That brings a while new meaning to Buff-alo clap56.gif
G e o r g e
agree.gif drooley.gif now those are the boulders i thought you were talking about

george
Eric_Shea
You gotta love the republican hippies that hug trees, drive mercedes, smoke pot, and carry guns

Indeed. Thanks! beerchug.gif
BMartin914
Looks like sandbox material to me - Greg. blink.gif

Not that there's anything wrong with that... biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
it's my thread, and i'll hijack it if i want. hijacked.gif
if someone has issues with a picture of a boulder fraternity in a thread about boulder, then so be it. sad.gif
It's not like the picture was posted in a thread about wheel bearings.

biggrin.gif
BMartin914
Don't be surprised if someone takes issue with it...you've been around long enough...

It ain't gonna be me though!
jsteele22

Hi Jack,
TROJANMAN
that's so last year, ben laugh.gif

sorry if anyone was offended dry.gif

funny guy, that jeff lol2.gif (rocket science humor at its best)
Eric_Shea
Holy Fuching Sh*&

I'd like to be able to open one damn thread while I'm at work without having someone post pictures of fuching WHEEL BEARINGS.

If you're going to post FUCHING WHEEL BEARING PICS can you at least put a warning in the title.
TROJANMAN
av-943.gif
Mrs. K
Yes!!!! clap56.gif It appears as though we have the "garage back".....that is until BAMF admin chimes in whip[1].gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(balljoint @ Apr 26 2006, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 26 2006, 01:23 PM) *

Mork was from Ork. slap.gif

IPB Image

Mork was from Ork but moved to Boulder for the weather.
Ferg
Mork and Mindy house just down the street from me as I type smile.gif
The Badass Moderatrix From Hell
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Apr 26 2006, 02:07 PM) *

Yes!!!! clap56.gif It appears as though we have the "garage back".....that is until BAMF admin chimes in whip[1].gif

you rang baby? whip[1].gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(The Badass Moderatrix From Hell @ Apr 26 2006, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Apr 26 2006, 02:07 PM) *

you rang baby? whip[1].gif

nice. someone took my avatar suggestion seriously rolleyes.gif
pek771
Ferg:
I lived in Boulder for a short while in the mid 70's. Whenever I saw the intro to Mork and Mindy, I swore that was the house I lived in with my girlfriend and her sister (another story there). Where is that house?

I was there was when they had the giant gas leak in downtown and blew up about one square block.

Pat

BMartin914
1619 Pine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.