Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone going to GGR TT at T'hill this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyb33
just curious if anyone else is heading up there - PM me, or, I'll see you up there I guess. My friend Theo (maroon 911) and I will be motoring up I680/I-5, this coming friday afternoon.

-mike
driving.gif
p.s. OT, quote of the day:
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a
support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they
meet at the bar."
--Drew Carey
laugh.gif
KenH
Planning on it.

Need to know how the new Brakes, Konis & new Transmission Gearing work out.

Ken
9146R
Yes, I will be there with one of my sons. Looking fwd to getting back on track and the weather s/b great. Will look for you in the paddock Sat.
Greg
nine14cats
I will be there with Fritz. I plan on trailering up to Thill from San Jose (leaving about noon).

Should be fun....supposed to be high 80's in temperature.

Bill P.
nine14cats
I'll have the digital camera....we should take a group 914Club shot!

Bill P.
sjhowitson
I can't tell you how much I wish I was. The car is ready, but the $$$ are not there at this time. Lots of great guys and gals in the GGR. Have a fun weekend ...be safe and take lots of pictures. Watch out for the CHP on 505. They sit on the side of the road just before you get to I 5.

Cheers
nine14cats
We're going to miss you Steve.

Can you make the next TT at Buttonwillow in June? Central Coast Region is doing a DE on the Friday before, so it will be a 3 day event.

Take care,

Bill P.
DanT
I'll be there, probably trailering the car....why not flat tow you ask? My friend has a custom 1 axle 914 trailer he is trying to sell and so I am taking my car on it so it can be displayed in the paddock for possible sale.
Got all of the little issues that I found a couple of weeks ago at BW...so I am excited to see how it goes. Also want to see how it measures up with some other cars on the clock.

Here is a pic of the trailer....custom built just for 914s. Has coil spring suspension and shocks. biggrin.gif
DanT
anyone else? smile.gif poke.gif
nine14cats
Dan,

Are you there both days? What time are you heading out?

Bill P.

CDS at Infineon just opened up. I'm trying to rearrange a business trip to be here for it.....

boldblue.gif
DanT
Probably leaving around noonish....Bill. Are you all set with a replacement Tow rig?

Caravan?
nine14cats
Hi Dan,

Caravan may work out....I was thinking noon as well...I'll let you know tomorrow after I check my meeting schedule.

Bill P.
DanT
Schweeeet. smile.gif
mikeyb33
Cool! Sounds like a good showing.

Yeah let's try for a "group photo", either late sat. PM or else sunday AM before 1st practice session.

I can't leave work till about 130 tomorrow - figuring on leaving 2pm at the latest - so unless we catch up to any of the trailering-folks on the road (again, look for black 914 & maroon 911), we'll see you all up at the track -

mike
DanT
icon_bump.gif poke.gif for BillP
nine14cats
I'm looking good for noon departure...moved a meeting to early morning.

Where and when to meet?

Bill P.
DanT
Where are you going to be? Your place in Campbell?
I only have to wait for my daughter, she is following me up and then continuing on to Chico to visit with my other daughter.

I can meet you basically anywhere you like since I am off all day and just waiting for my daughter to get home from Foothill....around 11:30.

Let me know
nine14cats
PM sent.

Bill P.
DanT
Got it. Call you in the AM.
porschecb
Any one going to be spending the night at the track? Thats where I hang $ No car but I am there!!!!!!! jsharp.gif
nine14cats
I'll be in a hotel for the weekend. I know that KenH usually spends the night at the track in his RV....

Bill P.
bernbomb914
how much is the trailer?
bernbomb914
yes
DanT
the trailer was custom built for a 914. Coil spring suspension, shocks, Aluminum ramps, winch, 3 tie down straps...tongue jack.
His asking price is $1500....
DanT
nother pic
DanT
icon_bump.gif
race914
After the great time at Buttonwillow we were planning to join you guys but my car 'ate' a bolt that was supposed be holding the velocity stack onto my weber... headbang.gif

I know, I know..."Loctite.. available at your local speed shop"

Head is ok, replacing the piston and one valve.

Will be at Sears 6/5 and Buttonwillow 6/23, 24 & 25

You guys have fun! Anxious to see the 914 pics posted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.