Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear window w/defogger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arc914
Does this sound familiar.pull my rear defogger and the entire car would die so i see that the power runs throught the main fuse Ok so is it the window itself (bad contacts and how would you fix it/) or is it the large red wire/stripe that is just sticking out of my harness?
tell me your thoughts please.
this wire has been like this since i got the car and could not see where it is supposed to be
not even sure if it is the rear defogger power at all but that ia the only thing that didn't work on the car when i got it.(till i blew the engine)
914Sixer
The first thing to do is see if the window is any good. Take a volt/ohn meter and put it each lead on the window post with wires disconnected You will see a solid short if the grid is good. That will eleminate the window. Depending on the year car check the #4 relay on the engine relay board. Also check the bottom of relay board for corrsion. Make sure two prong plug is insterted to the relay board correctly.
arc914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 26 2006, 01:24 PM) *

The first thing to do is see if the window is any good. Take a volt/ohn meter and put it each lead on the window post with wires disconnected You will see a solid short if the grid is good. That will eleminate the window. Depending on the year car check the #4 relay on the engine relay board. Also check the bottom of relay board for corrsion. Make sure two prong plug is insterted to the relay board correctly.

thanks for the info.if the relay is bad does that cause a short?
cheers beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.