Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:MS Outlook Exhange help needed...unblocking address from Spam filte
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Our IT guy is out this week, I normally do the brainless backup for him and now I have a request to add an e-mail to our "white" list for approved addresses to come thru without being dumped into the Spam folder.

thanks
KaptKaos
Outlook 2k3

Tools
Options
Preferences
Junk Email
Safe Senders

(assumes cached mode)
Rand
The procedure depends on where it's being handled and which software is being used. In most cases, IT guys will do this on the Exchange server, not the Outlook client. I use Trend Micro's CSM for email antivirus/antispam/etc. Let me know if you happen to be using the same.
KaptKaos
No doubt, but he did say Outlook.

Other applications like FrontBridge, MailMarshal, Clearswift, Barracuda and others have their own application interfaces for white list management.

In otherwords, if its not being done in Outlook, then we need to know more.
Mueller
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 26 2006, 01:57 PM) *

The procedure depends on where it's being handled and which software is being used. In most cases, IT guys will do this on the Exchange server, not the Outlook client. I use Trend Micro's CSM for email antivirus/antispam/etc. Let me know if you happen to be using the same.

I know we have McAfee groupshield, I just for the life of me cannot find anything in the menus.

I have access to the Exchange Server, same deal, it's either not there or I just don't know where to look screwy.gif
Rand
No doubt, but he did say Outlook.

He also said Exchange and IT guy smile.gif beer.gif

I wish I could help, but I dumped Groupshield in favor of Trend about three years ago and don't remember it well enough.

The best clue I can come up with is: If you can find the configfile on the server Groupshield is installed on, go to the smtpwhitelist section and add @domain.com (where domain.com is the domain of the email address(es) you want to allow.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.