Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Rebuild Kit for Weber 40 IDA's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
What vendor has the best price for the rebuild kits for Weber 40 triple throat IDA's? My Webers have been sitting on the shelf for 2 years and I should clean them up before I stick them on The Beast.

Also, what's the best solution to clean them up with?

Thanks,

Bill P.
TimT
Bill, I may be the best vendor.. I think I have a set of rebuild kits leftover from when I converted to EFI..Ill run out to the trailer and check
Aaron Cox
if tim is of no help...

try PMO, or piercemanifolds.
grantsfo
Got mine from PMO
nine14cats
Thanks for the quick response guys. If TimT has them I'll go with him first (gotta support the Club members!). If not, I'll look at PMO or try some of the local shops to see if anyone has them in stock.

Bill P.
LvSteveH
I'd if Tim doesn't have them, I'd go PMO, some of the kits out there have poorly made parts, like acc. pump diaphragms that are not particularly fuel resistant.
TimT
OK , I checked my trailer, I dont have two kits per se, but I do have enough gaskets, etc to rebuild a bunch of Webers. I only found one accel pump diaphragm though.

If you need two unadulterated kits try PMO, or Greenfield Foreign Auto in Mass. Though PMO is probably more convenient to you

sean_v8_914
does anyone have tuning info for tripple throat IDFs? my tail dragger is running RICH. where to position the bypass screws?
TimT
Generally, start with the by-pass screws fully closed, measure airflow, adjust screws so all barrels flow the same amount of air, then move on to the mixture screw

More info is needed... more than its "running rich"
Gary
Maybe running triple throat IDAs? Nice review of basic tuing in this thread on the Pelican Board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.