Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT THE FFFFF.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
After a long hard run today in my new blue beauty, it became apparent that I needed new seals for my targa (rear and both sides).

I went to price them today and my first port of call was e-bay.

I found the rear seal for a B.I.N. price of $199 and thought that was a bit excessive, but I went to Pelican and PHUC ME if they weren't $438. WTF.gif

I looked around at other places like Automotion ($338) and Auto Atlanta (not in stock).

Just what the hell is going on .. It's a bloody strip of rubber for god-sake.

What am I missing?

Doug
Allan
Look in the member resources. There are a couple of guys that make and sell the rear seal. I got one for $40.00
dagdal1967
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 26 2006, 05:02 PM) *

Look in the member resources. There are a couple of guys that make and sell the rear seal. I got one for $40.00

Contacted KERRYS914@yahoo.com.... THANKS I keep forgetting about the resources section!

Doug
sean_v8_914
is the "Sammy seal" still made? I have used 3. was it sammy2gr?
blitZ
Someone posted a note on Slits thread about the elusive front seal available at Mittlemotors? Then it mysteriously disappeared.

hmmmmm......
sk8kat1
I trie dto contact the sammy seal guy . he never responded .. I got the kerry seal and is was pretty good .. and it's only like 40-45.00 !! biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
i have a sammy seal and love it.

AA
brownaar
I posted about the front seal from Mittelmotor. I had ordered it 4-6 weeks ago and it has been on backorder. They notified me within the last week that it was ready to ship. I do know my wife tells me there is a package from Germany that arrived today. I still have to verify that it is the correct seal. I didn't fax them a signed invoice until 2 days ago. Those guys are way fast. I ordered the stainless 2.0 muffler from them about a year ago and it also arrived within a week or so of ordering. Anyway, price including shipping for the seal was 250.60 at current exchange rates. I don't know the reason for the deletion of the thread. That thread was like a month old that I posted to. I don't know if the thread originator or one of the admins deleted it.
blitZ
QUOTE(brownaar @ Apr 27 2006, 03:13 PM) *

I posted about the front seal from Mittelmotor. I had ordered it 4-6 weeks ago and it has been on backorder. They notified me within the last week that it was ready to ship. I do know my wife tells me there is a package from Germany that arrived today. I still have to verify that it is the correct seal. I didn't fax them a signed invoice until 2 days ago. Those guys are way fast. I ordered the stainless 2.0 muffler from them about a year ago and it also arrived within a week or so of ordering. Anyway, price including shipping for the seal was 250.60 at current exchange rates. I don't know the reason for the deletion of the thread. That thread was like a month old that I posted to. I don't know if the thread originator or one of the admins deleted it.

Cool, let us know if it's the one. ohmy.gif
brownaar
Cool, let us know if it's the one.

The seal is the correct one. It was not in a bag with a Porsche label, so it may be a repro, but it is of good-looking quality. I'll try to post pics if I get a chance.
Gary
What did you pay for shipping? When I check out the site, the seal is about $210, but the standard shipping rate works out to $100...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.