Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay Lunch - 05/20/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
After the last TBB, several members recommended a change of venue and time, therefore, the next Tampa Bay 914 get together will be at Benningan's on US 60, across from the Brandon Mall, next to I-75. The date will be May 20, Saturday, and the time will be 1:00 pm. There's plenty of parking and I'm certain we could be a section to ourselves.

Directions:
If you're coming from Orlando, west bound, take I-75 south. Take the Brandon exit (hwy 60) and turn left. Go under the interstate over pass and turn left at the second traffic light (stay in the right side of the 2 left turn lanes). Immediately turn right at the next opportunity. Benningan's in on the right side just before the stop sign.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Attendees:

Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
Glen and Jackie (greyhound)
TC Davis (carr914)
Paul Woodbury (ury914)
Steve and Janie Gaglione (smg914)
Kevin Poston (kevinp)
Bob Dunning (hotdgr)

-- Rob
URY914
You are changing the time and the place? WTF.gif

I gotta drive TWO more exits. The price of gas will be $4/gal by then. screwy.gif

I gotta think about this. huh.gif

P bye1.gif
Rouser
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Again, sorry, no can do ... will be out on the Navigator Of The Seas from the Port of Miami for my 30th Anniversary. ANY woman who puts up with my numerous interests & hobbies (i.e. crap) as long as SHE has gets to go wherever she wants.

Maybe some time in June?
dweymer
family birthday that day so I will be out. Have fun on the cruise, but be careful.
watsonrx13
Roy, sorry you're going to miss another one, but you've got a great excuse. We sailed on the Navigator 2 years ago and it was a great voyage. The beginning of next year we're going on the Freedom of the Seas, can't wait.... drunk.gif

Paul, actually it should be easier for you, instead of going east on I-4, just continue south.... biggrin.gif

-- Rob
watsonrx13
First day icon_bump.gif
Qarl
Yet even further away... mad.gif

driving.gif
watsonrx13
Yea, but it's later in the day.... smile.gif

So, are you going to attend?
watsonrx13
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 26 2006, 10:14 PM) *

You are changing the time and the place? WTF.gif

I gotta drive TWO more exits. The price of gas will be $4/gal by then. screwy.gif

I gotta think about this. huh.gif

P bye1.gif

So have you thought about it? Is it yeah or nay?

-- Rob
watsonrx13
Another icon_bump.gif
iiibdsiil
Rob, I won't be able to make it.

Lemme know how the hostess's are over there though.

Here's the current one:

IPB Image
watsonrx13
2 week icon_bump.gif
watsonrx13
Now that the board is up, I'll icon_bump.gif for a 3 day notice....

Thanks to everyone who answered my e-mails, I've updated the confirmed attendee's list....

-- Rob
Qarl
Can't make this one... Sorry.
watsonrx13
Two day icon_bump.gif

Let me know if I've missed anyone that is going...

-- Rob
carr914
Told my neighbor Jeff, with the 914-6, about the lunch. I hadn't seen him since I saw the car at his house. I stopped by today and he and i did some work on his car. It's nice and can be really nice with just a little work. It's a factory 1970 914-6, yellow, very early VIN with NO rust. It needs some interior work and a few adjustments and it's Gold, Jerry, Gold. Plus he got it cheap

T.C.
watsonrx13
Cool, I hope that he can make it.....
carr914
icon_bump.gif I'm going back over to Jeff's house to twist his arm. Plus I've got some freebies to bring him. Nothing works like a good bribe.

T.C.
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 19 2006, 05:55 AM) *

icon_bump.gif I'm going back over to Jeff's house to twist his arm. Plus I've got some freebies to bring him. Nothing works like a good bribe.

T.C.

T.C., you a/x'ing on Sunday?
carr914
Paul, If my back holds out, yes I will A/X. I strained ligaments in my back 35 days ago. I've been sleeping on the floor since then, so it is day to day. My neighbor Jeff can't make it (something about some family business) so here is some eye candy to hold you guys over till he can make one of our outings.

All The Best & See Ya Tomorrow, T.C.
carr914
# 2
carr914
#3 he is need of the rear rubber bumper strip
carr914
#4 sawzall-smiley.gif We gotta get rid of the nerf bar
carr914
Good to see everyone yesterday. I didn't take any pictures as the cars were scattered around the lot and I didn't make over in time to photograph Steve, Kevin and Rob pushing Rob's car to our gathering ( Rob, it looks like you have some good info on your MSD thread, Good Luck)
Paul, I couldn't make the A/X. One of the side effects of my back injury is my abs and groin muscles tend to over-compinsate. Well yesterday, performing the trapeze act that takes to get in & out of my Six must have done a number on me. I can hardly walk and it feels like Lorena Bobbitt took a serated blade to my right nut. I hope you took FTD.
Steve, If your reading this the Brumos 250 @ Daytona is Friday, June 29th.

All The Best, T.C.
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 21 2006, 06:28 AM) *

Paul, ... I hope you took FTD.

All The Best, T.C.

I did!!! happy11.gif driving.gif mueba.gif

I'll tell the whole story in another thread.
3liter914-6
For you Tampa teeners. I just got back from the Copher's u-pull it on Causeway Blvd. There was a yellow '75+ 914 there. Missing the engine/trans, and front trunk lid. Had 1 Riviera, a steelie or two (can't remember). Interior was pretty complete, but the seats were shot, and the door handles were missing so I didn't look too closely. Parts I noticed that might be worthwhile to someone:

Targa top (sunfaded but solid looking)
All gauges
fuel pump in front trunk
below dash AC vents.
rear bumper.

If you go there, go through the doors into the lot and walk all the way down towards the back of the lot. You'll dead end into a foreign section, It's back maybe 4 or 5 rows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.