Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SSHHH dont let my wife know but I got a line on a 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
A friend of a friend knows a guy who wants some chrome twists for his car. This guy put a 3. something in his car. I got a nice pair of 17 X 8.5 Im not using and have talked with him and he is interested in a swap. Its a 2.7 what do I need to look for or are they worth the trouble? I can not remember what was the problem 6 confused24.gif One of the reasons I gave up on the 928 engine was by relocating the firewall forward so the engine fit I didnt fit anymore sad.gif Pluss a couple of other things going on at the house at that time. I figuer my car didnt sell as a roller so I may as well do something with it. idea.gif
Jerry
do it to it ......now no more playing around
lapuwali
The 2.7 is the "problem" engine. However, you'll want to rebuild just about any 6 you're going to find cheap, and once you rebuild a 2.7 CORRECTLY, it's fine.
Trekkor
Didn't somebody once say that these motors are getting to be pretty old and the chances of finding one that hasn't already been rebuilt at least once is unlikely. confused24.gif

KT
rick 918-S
Look to see if the head studs are snapped. I think you can tell by lightly striking them. You'll heard the difference. Thud instead of thid or something...

A rebuild will require case savers. You'll have the crack the block for the machine work. But once your done, you'll have lots of fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.