Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Pikes Peak is allowing camping on the mountain after a 5 year ban.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Camping permits will go on sale for the first time on Friday, April 28th on a first come first serve basis. (only 200 permits are available)

If any fan would like to camp and can not attend the event on April 28th, please email Pikes Peak Hill Climb at aschell@ppihc.com

Thanks,
Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

PS. Will someone please tell Roger that "allow" is spelled with 2 L's... LOL

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is a long-standing tradition in Colorado Springs and the second oldest motorsports event in the United States. An annual event since 1916, 2006 marks the 84th running of the “Race to the Clouds” and the 90th year since the race first started. The race is run on a 12-mile course that begins at 9,200 feet and finishes at the 14,110-foot summit of Pikes Peak. It features a variety of automotive, trucks, semi trucks, motorcycles, and ATV’s, classes with an average of 150 competitors. In 2006, the race is slated for Saturday, July 1, 2006. For more information please visit the official Pikes Peak International Hill climb website at www.ppihc.com or contact Pamela Boyd at (719) 685-4400 ext. 13 or Alan Schell at (720) 219-7200.
BMartin914
Wow! I camped there before. Hiked 100 yrds, setup my lawn chair and watched the race. That was before I left C.S.

I think the ban was fire related - started when the bad drought started.

I'd like to make it back before they kill the race - C.S. City Council would like to nix it.
TROJANMAN
Sweet. Will they let me take my RV up there biggrin.gif
Andyrew
2 L's

Roger that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.