Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best looking beer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I've been studying beer lately for a Painting project and noticed some beers just look better then others after being poured.

What's your opinion. Light? Dark? Other?

Please include a photo of the beer if you can.

blitZ
You didn't have an other option so I chose Guiness, since it is part of this tasty and attractive concoction.

Black and Tan
djm914-6
Serves me right for not finishing my coffee before posting.
tat2dphreak
drunk.gif

best looking to me: any one in front of me
sjhowitson
Light Beer ???? Looks like your horse has liver trouble. I have to agree the best looking beer is the one in my hand right now. Just happenes to be Pacifico.

Cheers
pfierb
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Apr 27 2006, 08:38 AM) *

I've been studying beer lately for a Painting project and noticed some beers just look better then others after being poured.

What's your opinion. Light? Dark? Other?

Please include a photo of the beer if you can.

I'll have to vote for Hulls Export !!!!!
Michael N
QUOTE(sjhowitson @ Apr 27 2006, 06:40 AM) *

Light Beer ???? Looks like your horse has liver trouble. I have to agree the best looking beer is the one in my hand right now. Just happenes to be Pacifico.

Cheers

WOW at 6:40am beer3.gif
olav
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout rocks!

IPB Image
riverman
One of the best looking beers would have to be Kilkenny. It is an Irish beer that has the same 'cascade' effect and thick head after being poured as Guinness, but it is a real nice red amber, or copper colour. Tasty too! beer3.gif
iamchappy
I used to illustrate beer for Hamm's and Grainbelt beer back in the day, They were both light beers I had to paint them with plenty of foam, bubbles and icy
drops clinging to the sides of the glass.
They were used in magazine ads and billboards
Mueller
without a doubt Guinness is the most entertaining (and best one to drink afterwards)

"oh you missed the show, no problem, let me open up another one and show you" beer3.gif
VaccaRabite
An amber beer with a nice thick creamy head, like a boddingtons.

Zach
djm914-6
Kilkenny:
Nice suggestion. I love the color and depth.

IPB Image
JmuRiz
QUOTE(riverman @ Apr 27 2006, 08:09 AM) *

One of the best looking beers would have to be Kilkenny. It is an Irish beer that has the same 'cascade' effect and thick head after being poured as Guinness, but it is a real nice red amber, or copper colour. Tasty too! beer3.gif

Good point, for the ligher color fans, there's also Boddingtons. There are so many good ones, but Guinness is the best looking IMO
tat2dphreak
no one has mentioned newcastle? beer3.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
balljoint
Rickard's Red

IPB Image

Oops. Funny what Google image searches bring up. Couldn't find a poured pint pic, but she's a pretty red colour. stan.gif

blitZ
If you like a good stout try a Murphys, very smooth. The cans have some kind of ball in them, makes it extra foamy.

Joe Ricard
How about after a job well done
Downunderman
Can't beat this.Click to view attachment
Porcharu
How about the original Pilsner - the one that made glass "glasses" popular due to its appearence. Pisner Urquell.
So.Cal.914
The best looking beer is the one that you are looking thru at the bottem of your glass smoke.gif
914forme
confused24.gif You guys actually take the time to look at the color depth and carity. Is it a freaking wax or a beer. Just drink it man.

BTW, you have way more self control than I do, I don't think I could be a painter. One the still pictures of beer would drive me to drink them. 2. I would have to do something else with the nude female models. Now the guys, I would tell him to put his clothes on lets go next door and get a beer3.gif .

In my Techno clubin days I drinked Guiness, now I have found so many better beers, that I only drink it in a bind, thou Black and Tans are a good bind.

But then it might just be the german in me, I really Like Shinner Bach, thanks to Clay and Joe, and a Texas size fish bowl, and yummie BBQ. Best night I had in Dallas / Ft. Worth clap56.gif

I think I will go grab a shinner now, see you all latter drunk.gif
msglaigaie
Guinness would have to top the list if it was poured properly from a tap. I grew up in an Irish house with stout on the table for as long as I can remember. Sheaf Stout runs a very tight second. The little ball in the Murphys is a trick patented by Guinness. It is charged with nitrogen. When the can is opened and the pressure released the nitro is released from the ball giving the brew a more creamy, "just from the tap" taste. cool, it works for me. MSG L
Qarl
IPB Image

Bigbohr
Yeah baby ... and it looks better after every one more ...

Click to view attachment
guiltless
Is no one going to give Sam Adams the love it deserves? Perfect color to go along with the perfect taste.
TurtleGirl
Although I personally LOVE Irish Stouts, If you want to see what a pretty beer is, it's a German Hefeweizen... Here's Widmer's example:
Brew
Speaking of beer..........

You have to hope that this study is flawed, but the evidence seems
irrefutable. Several months ago, scientist at Europe's annual human
reproduction conference suggested that t he results of a recent analysis
revealed the presence of a female hormones in beer, and suggested that men
should take a look at their beer consumption. The theory is that drinking
beer makes men turn into women.

to test the theory, 100 men were each fed six pints of beer within an
one-hour period. It was then observed that 100 percent of the men gained
weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional,
couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, had to sit
down while urinating, couldn't perform sexually, and refused to apologize
when wrong.
No further testing is planned.
iamchappy
Looks like Qarl prefers Moosehead
spare time toys
The best looking to me is the one in a frosty mug on a hot day beerchug.gif
Crazyhippy
Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Just like water, only a much more pronounced headache the next day drunk.gif beerchug.gif

Fat Tire is the fav to drink, but there are prettier beers

Pretty's for looking at, tasty's for drinking bootyshake.gif

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.