Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Rear Springs for a V8 Conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
I'm looking to get a set of rear springs for my conversion and would like to know what some of my options are.

I'll be running a fairly mild 327 (less than 300hp) with an iron block and heads, so it will be a bit heavier than the 2.0l it is replacing. I've already got some Koni yellows, and I'll be sticking with the stock torsion bars up front and the stock sway bars both front and rear.

I plan on using my car as a "back road" runner and weekend tourer (not a racer or AX'er), so I would like my suspension to be taut, yet supple. I like the idea of progressive springs, but don't know enough about them to know for sure. What I would like to know is what spring weights I should be looking at and what suppliers offer springs that will fit on the Koni perches. Any experience or feedback you guys have would be appreciated.
bondo
I got a ride in a 914 v8 with 180s and I thought it was just right for a street car. That's what I'm going to use. Renegade uses 200s, but I hear that's pretty stiff.
marks914
I use 180s

Yhey are stiff, but not too bad

Mark
Mar7ck
Just so happens I have an extra set of 180 lbs springs for the 914.

Email me if intrested.

Mar7ck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.