Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennshift Test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Edward
Hi All, although I've your club forums for some time, i have just joined and this is my first post. I am considering the purchase of a Rennshift Short Shift Kit from JWest Eng. and i would like to know if there are any of you, that have this kit installed, that would be willing to let me sit in your car and get a feel for it. I'm going to be travelling up the west coast during the month of May and would like to try and connect with someone that has this setup.

Here is a rough idea of when/where I'll be
- April 29-noonish to May 6 noonish - San Diego
- May 6 later that day - Escondito
- May 7 Laguna Beach
- May 8-9 going north to San Fernando Valley & hanging around there
- May 10 - heading to Carmel
- May 11 & 12 & 15 - San Fran & Sanoma area
- May 13 & 14 Redwoods
- May 16 - 20 Napa Valley
- May 21 - traveling the Oregon Coast or there'bouts
- May 22 & 24 - Washington State Park
- May 25-29 Victoria, Vancouver, Okanogan area

Any help is appreciated - many thanks

Edward
scottb
hey edward,

i would let you try mine but you would need to take a hard right for about 3000 miles!!!

i can however say that getting the rennshift has so far been the single best performance investment i have made to my car. the increased precision and feel is absolutely worth the cost.

cheers,

scott
tat2dphreak
lots of members have them, and many others have coveted them

James is very open to demonstrate, he's a great guy!
john rogers
Well, you could stop by and take a look at my setup. I live in Chula Vista, just south of San Diego, but the carbs will be off the engine for a rebuild. Take my word for it, it is fantastic. I would also recommend you replace the center coupler with one of the aircraft sealed types and that will eliminate almost 100% of any slop in the shift linkage. I can shift into 1st at 25MPH or so during races in Mexico and have no issues with gear selection.
turbo914v8
No need to try it. Just buy it. EVERY one who has one will swear by it. It’s a great product. And yes I have one too.
bernbomb914
I live 32 miles north of Escondido on I 15 in Temecula if that is on your way. I am very happy with mine and it is one of the old style. contact me when your in the area.

Bernie
olav
I've had mine for, I think, four years and can't be happier. I have the 33% throw reduction classic model.

I don't think it's a "short shift kit" though but a shifter with a shorter throw.

double-a
i installed the rennshift version 2 in mine about a year ago, and i've recently replaced all shift bushings, cone set screws and tranny mounts, so shifting is awesome. it really does shift like a new car would.

i live in vancouver, washington. just north of portland oregon. you're welcome to take her for a test-drive any time!

~a
racerbvd
Phil has one for his wife's car, so I'll get to try it after I finish her car for him.

Edward
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Apr 27 2006, 10:03 AM) *

I live 32 miles north of Escondido on I 15 in Temecula if that is on your way. I am very happy with mine and it is one of the old style. contact me when your in the area.

Bernie

Wow - thanks for the responses everyone, its much appreciated.

Bernie, I can give you a call and arrange a time for Sat late afternoon or Sunday sometime if that would work. You can email me your number at eugrin@shaw.ca or let me know how else to get ahold of you.

Thanks very much.

Edward
Edward
QUOTE(double-a @ Apr 27 2006, 10:28 AM) *

i installed the rennshift version 2 in mine about a year ago, and i've recently replaced all shift bushings, cone set screws and tranny mounts, so shifting is awesome. it really does shift like a new car would.

i live in vancouver, washington. just north of portland oregon. you're welcome to take her for a test-drive any time!

~a

Thanks Aaron, We may pass by Portland which would allow me to hook up with you, I don't know that for certain yet, however, if we're anywhere close by, I'll try to do so.

How might i contact you? Similar to Bernie, you could email me your # and i can call you ahead of time. eugrin@shaw.ca

Thanks again for your reply.

Ed
SirAndy
remind me again when you get close to the bay area. i've had mine for 3 years or so, couldn't be happier ...

driving.gif Andy
double-a
QUOTE(Edward @ Apr 27 2006, 08:57 AM) *

Thanks Aaron, We may pass by Portland which would allow me to hook up with you, I don't know that for certain yet, however, if we're anywhere close by, I'll try to do so.

How might i contact you? Similar to Bernie, you could email me your # and i can call you ahead of time. eugrin@shaw.ca

Thanks again for your reply.

Ed

home: 360-694-2772, cell: 360-281-2632, email: aaron@gillihanfamily.com.

and if you want to google our address: 1205 nw 75th circle, vancouver wa 98665

hope you have a great trip!

~a
Scott Carlberg
did you guys see James' ad for his RennShift in the current issue of Excellence?

I don't know IF that's his first ad, but it's the first time I've seen it in the magazine.

Great Job James!

June 2006 Issue - Page 182
JWest Engineering
Edward
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 27 2006, 10:58 AM) *

remind me again when you get close to the bay area. i've had mine for 3 years or so, couldn't be happier ...

driving.gif Andy

Thanks Andy, will do.

Ed

JWest
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Apr 27 2006, 12:51 PM) *

did you guys see James' ad for his RennShift in the current issue of Excellence?

I don't know IF that's his first ad, but it's the first time I've seen it in the magazine.

Great Job James!

June 2006 Issue - Page 182
JWest Engineering

Yep, first ad! Thanks for noticing!
Kerrys914
Old Skool Gen 1 here beer.gif

18% with lockout and R-1 stiffer springs.. Shifts great and besides the SIX conversion driving.gif driving.gif it IS the best thing you can do to a 914. driving.gif driving.gif drooley.gif
GWN7
Edward,

very nice to meet you tonight and see your car again. Made me want to leave work and go home to turn some wrenches on mine. Have a great trip.
Edward
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 27 2006, 09:04 PM) *

Edward,

very nice to meet you tonight and see your car again. Made me want to leave work and go home to turn some wrenches on mine. Have a great trip.

Good to meet you as well Bruce. All packed and ready to go. Looking forward to meeting these other guys with the Rennshift to try out! You have a good trip as well.

Did you check out the 914-V8 in a recent post for sale $4500 95% complete, nice paint job, most of the heavy work done. Perhaps another for your collection? biggrin.gif

Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.