Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Argh.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
So I go out to put on the race tires and check everything out today. Also replace the rear brake pads with some new ones. !@#$% right rear (right front in reality, since I moved them to the back) has a frozen piston....can not get it to budge. So off the car comes the caliper. Remove outside piston boot and lay with piston facing upward and put on some good old liquid wrench....wait 5 minutes and presto...no more frozen piston. Put it back on the car and it goes in and out like it is supposed to...
Typical...30 minute job takes 90 minutes to do since something else always crops up.
At least it was only one piston of the 4 rears (fronts)

Now we are ready for Thunderhill this weekend...supposed to be in the mid 80s plus. Some of you norcal folks need to come up on Saturday and check out the TT and then you get to take some parade laps in your own car at the end of the day on Saturday.
Looks like there should be 4-5 club members attending for the weekend.
Tobra
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Apr 27 2006, 05:11 PM) *

So I go out to put on the race tires and check everything out today. Also replace the rear brake pads with some new ones. !@#$% right rear (right front in reality, since I moved them to the back) has a frozen piston....can not get it to budge. So off the car comes the caliper. Remove outside piston boot and lay with piston facing upward and put on some good old liquid wrench....wait 5 minutes and presto...no more frozen piston. Put it back on the car and it goes in and out like it is supposed to...
Typical...30 minute job takes 90 minutes to do since something else always crops up.
At least it was only one piston of the 4 rears (fronts)

Now we are ready for Thunderhill this weekend...supposed to be in the mid 80s plus. Some of you norcal folks need to come up on Saturday and check out the TT and then you get to take some parade laps in your own car at the end of the day on Saturday.
Looks like there should be 4-5 club members attending for the weekend.

Sounds nice, but I am driving to Lake Tahoe on a bunch of windy one and two lane roads drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.