Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OH MY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Still have to fix some exhaust issues, but it runs.....FAST.

b
So.Cal.914
Cool. smoke.gif
dwillouby
Great! Glad to hear things are going in the right direction.

David
grasshopper
awsome drunk.gif that was killer fast driving-girl.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 27 2006, 04:38 PM) *

Still have to fix some exhaust issues, but it runs.....FAST.

b

clap56.gif thumb3d.gif
rick 918-S
Offer Mom a ride..
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 27 2006, 06:37 PM) *

Offer Mom a ride..

yes and no.

i took my mom for a ride... got to 45mph and she started freaking out.

AA
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 27 2006, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 27 2006, 06:37 PM) *

Offer Mom a ride..

yes and no.

i took my mom for a ride... got to 45mph and she started freaking out.

AA

You don't win people over by giving them a ride.........

The key is let her "drive" the car...my wife hated being a passanger in the 914...let her drive it and oh-boy, what a differance in opinion....she loves the car now.....
914forme
Britt Glad to here it, now what do you need to fix the rust. Maybe we should all bring our migs down for the Bluegrass Meet and welder.gif

Anybody with a garage and 20 seperate 20 amp circuits? I need 220V thou, but I also have a 110V unit, I guess I could bring it down.

So that would be a new event, rustoration marathon, kinda of an extreme makeover the 914 edition. I know you west coaster have done it before, but you don't have to deal with the cancer like we do in the salt states. Bolting parts on thats easy, rebuilding a car from Iron Oxide is a little harder.

Ohh back on track here great job clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
bd1308
Steven...I have a dryer maybe 50 feet from my garage... idea.gif

and ohmy.gif I have a 220V heater circuit that goes right through the garage in a conduit.

And we had several hands, we could pull this off !!!

I can get a 110V welder to rent.

b
Mueller
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 27 2006, 07:31 PM) *

Steven...I have a dryer maybe 50 feet from my garage... idea.gif

and ohmy.gif I have a 220V heater circuit that goes right through the garage in a conduit.

And we had several hands, we could pull this off !!!

b

sounds like a good idea except for not knowing exactly what to replace until you start cutting and grinding.............
elwood-914
Glad to hear you didn't give up bud..... aktion035.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 27 2006, 06:31 PM) *

b

are my posts not showing up?? i already said I would bring a welder if you needed...110v...why rent one?? burnout.gif
drewvw

Britt...I'm sure you posted this a million times before but, what kind of engine setup are you running?

914forme
Mike's Right We don't know what exactly we are getting into, but Hey the Bluegrass event there will be lots of donor cars right!!!!!!!!!!! chairfall.gif

No really I think it is doable, but I am crazy like that.

I am still thinking a donor chassis is the way to go. If somebody has one around the Tri state area KY, OH, IN and the price was right, I would offer my services to weld up a few spots, add a few items, even dip it in paint. But of course you have to supply the paint. For some reason I can get other peoples 914s done, just never finish my own. confused24.gif

Last car I painted was ove 1K for paint. Of course the guy bought $400 dollars worth of Black with Gold Metalic Flakes, to deciede he did not want a metalic. I wonder where that can got to, I have a trailer I need to paint. Or you could try the $50 roller method shown here a few weeks ago.

Then we just roll it up on a trailer and drop it off to you, and get a bunch of guys/gals with wrenches and start swaping parts.

Sounds so simple on web paper doesn't it. laugh.gif
914forme
West Coast Roller looks clean to me

Not sure if it is a scam, anybody know this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.