Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: built myself a fuel pressure gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

Read some of the threads in the archives and decided to take a trip to Home Depot tonight. One water pressure gauge, a couple of brass couplers and 20 bones later
I got myself a homemade contraption.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a piece of crap. laugh.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 27 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a piece of crap. laugh.gif

I'd hope the seals inside the gauge are tolerant of the fuel and you don't burn the car to the ground blink.gif
drewvw

ummmmm what! Talk to me here.....

Its all brass...I concluded that it would handle fuel for a short period of time. I'm not mounting it in there permanently.
Demick
It will work fine for installing it temporarily for checking your fuel pressure. But I wouldn't mount it permanently due to being designed for water instead of gas.

Demick
drewvw

Thanks. Based on the posts I read, that's what I figured. Definitely not installing it permanently. Does the amount of hose attached to the gauge matter?

I made it long enough so the guage is out of the engine compartment (for safety reasons).
michelko
QUOTE(drewvw @ Apr 27 2006, 06:50 PM) *

Thanks. Based on the posts I read, that's what I figured. Definitely not installing it permanently. Does the amount of hose attached to the gauge matter?

I made it long enough so the guage is out of the engine compartment (for safety reasons).

Did the same and worked well for me. Go on try it.

smilie_flagge6.gif
SLITS
Relax....I've used FLAPS cheap oil pressure guages, the air pressure guage off of cheap 12V compressors and my favorite is a SW Manifold Pressure guage......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.