Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay Poll topic here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Okay here is the qustion and I am just trying to steer myself in hte right correct direction.

Subbie FWD trany, As I see it these are the items:

Pros:
  • Made for the Subbie engine
  • Stock easy to find parts
Cons
  • LSD same price as a 901 unit
  • Have to splice the half shafts
  • Ratios are harder to find
  • Must build shift linkage - probally cable shifter
901 Side shifter - stock 1st and second flip 5th ito 3rds place, A for forth gear, and fliped 5th. Limited slip, and a rennshifter.
Pros:
  • Bolt in
  • will handel the power of the subbie
  • No shift linkeage to make, just modify
  • No axles to splice or make
Cons:
  • Week first gear so now drag racing starts
  • Limited Slip will be $$$ as will the Rennshifter
901 Tail shifter same specs as above
Pros:
  • 13K mile tranny - I really hate to ope it up.
Cons:
  • Same as the Side shifter
  • And have to make a cable shifter mounts

Let me know, thanks
Mueller
is it just me or are you missing the $600 price tag for the adapter plate and flywheel if keeping the 901??

why keep a 30 year old transmission when you can install a newer one???
914forme
Yep you are correct I forgot the extra $600 for the Kenedy parts. But really money is not an object here, if it was I would not own a 914, and I sure as hell would not own a Boat.

Since I have both I have no money and there for I don't think about it, since I don't have it.
messix
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 27 2006, 07:39 PM) *

Yep you are correct I forgot the extra $600 for the Kenedy parts. But really money is not an object here, if it was I would not own a 914, and I sure as hell would not own a Boat.

Since I have both I have no money and there for I don't think about it, since I don't have it.

i like that logic..[money is not an object 'cause i don't have any!]
Porcharu
You forgot one big thing, one shifts like a modern car and one shifts like a 914.
There are LOTS of aftermarket gearsets and final drives for the Suby transmssions (the AWD versions)
I'm still working on getting the adaptor flanges that will allow the use of stock axles on the Suby trans. I have one shop that will make them for ~$400 a pair, but I think that's a bit high.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.