Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Hey guys. I want to go to pressed studs on my 4-lug 914, but I don't really know what length to use. That's not really a problem because I can always just measure the existing lugs. My real problem is that I need to know what taper lug-nuts I need. I found some on Tweeks that list compatability with about every stock prosche wheel, including the 914-6, but not the 914-4. Are they different? Are the VW lugnuts the same? If anyone has a quick answer on this, please lemme know.... because I'm lazy and don't want to do the research myself. Thanks.
Mark D.
Mueller
ball seat, no taper (unless you have aftermarket wheels)
Mueller
oh yea...the reason they do not list the 914/4 is that it never came from the factory with studs...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 27 2006, 08:06 PM) *

oh yea...the reason they do not list the 914/4 is that it never came from the factory with studs...

Ahem ......... We ARE the studs .......... The Cap'n
hmeeder
My car is quite studly.

If you are looking for plain steel lug nuts, Pelican sells them for around $1.75 apiece IIRC. Look for steels lug nuts here Lug Nuts

You can also get studs and lug nuts from this guy. Just one of many places. I got my studs from him. If you will not be using spacers, I would recommend the 66mm for the front and the 72mm for the rear.
BMXerror
cool... so I guess that means that the 911 nuts will fit on the 4 lug wheels with no problem. thanks guys. Now I can stay lazy.
Mark D.
Eric_Shea
If you're talking about pressing studs into a 914 hub then 45mm Verbus is the stock length and stud for a 911. 911 bosses are 7mm thick and 914 bosses are 10mm. I don't think 3mm would be an issue, especially on a Verbus which is fully threaded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.