Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any one going to the all 914 swap meet this sunday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
magaoidh
I am considering Glenn Sagers 2 litre 914, it will be at the meet on Sunday at Riverside and there will also be a hoist to possibly put it up on,courtesy of Slits who I am yet to contact,oops!
Would anyone be interested in checking this car out thoroughly for me.
Thanks Geoff
Twystd1
I will do that for you Geoff,

I know Glen. Straight up guy and a true aficianado of 914s.

If Glenn is selling you a car. Odds are it is at least as good as he says it is.

I will PM you the data on Sunday night.

And since half the dam club will be there. I am sure you will get MANY opions of this car....

From guys that know much more than me..... (thats easy to do)

OK?

Clayton
SLITS
Does this mean we'll have to drop our "Fugly 'Merican" title and actually tell the truth? Gad....what is this world coming to?
magaoidh
I can see it now 300 honest Americans all checking out the same car!I'll be buggered! Will there be many sheilas there? Sounds like a good do!
bondo
I sold a 914 once in the presence of many 914 experts...

They found a crack I in the rear suspension ear that required midnight welding in the hotel parking lot.. good times. biggrin.gif
Grimstead
I'll have my camera; need any particular pictures of the car?
magaoidh
QUOTE(bondo @ Apr 28 2006, 02:39 PM) *

I sold a 914 once in the presence of many 914 experts...

They found a crack I in the rear suspension ear that required midnight welding in the hotel parking lot.. good times. biggrin.gif

You are trying to cheer me up,right? Geoff
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(magaoidh @ Apr 28 2006, 01:28 AM) *

I am considering Glenn Sagers 2 litre 914, it will be at the meet on Sunday at Riverside and there will also be a hoist to possibly put it up on,courtesy of Slits who I am yet to contact,oops!
Thanks Geoff

Why don't you just fly up and check it out yourself? I'll buy lunch.
Cheers, Elliot
magaoidh
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Apr 28 2006, 02:51 PM) *

I'll have my camera; need any particular pictures of the car?

Why not, I need a test driving opinion and an overview. Poor Glenn wont be able to get near his car! How about shots of front and rear trunk floors.I wish I was going. Thanks Grimstead,Geoff(the old man from Oz)
magaoidh
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 28 2006, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(magaoidh @ Apr 28 2006, 01:28 AM) *

Thanks Geoff

Why don't you just fly up and check it out yourself? I'll buy lunch.
Cheers, Elliot

Elliot,
I was thinking about it actually,but I have to get a new passport. Thanks for the lunch offer,I'll buy the grog.Theres a biggie coming up in Oregon,I must get that passport.What date is that?
JoeSharp
Geoff: It's the weekend of the 7th of July. Going to be a great party. I'm going to be on vacation from the 30th of June till the 16 of July and I would be glad to host you. We're going to be taking the motor home and trailer with 2 cars up the coast on the 5th and stop somewhere north of S.F. Drive to the party on Friday and take a coupla days to return.
As far as the PPI goes the car will be looked at very carefully at this swap meet because the guys need something to do and if they see something wrong they will probably fix it right there.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
magaoidh
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 29 2006, 04:58 AM) *

Geoff: It's the weekend of the 7th of July. Going to be a great party. I'm going to be on vacation from the 30th of June till the 16 of July and I would be glad to host you. We're going to be taking the motor home and trailer with 2 cars up the coast on the 5th and stop somewhere north of S.F. Drive to the party on Friday and take a coupla days to return.
As far as the PPI goes the car will be looked at very carefully at this swap meet because the guys need something to do and if they see something wrong they will probably fix it right there.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

Joe,
Thats a very tempting offer it clashes a bit with my birthday so my partner would not be happy.We are going to the Blue Mountains here in NSW,pre booked.However I still may be able to get there,I will sort out my passport tomorrow,and see what happens on the car front.
Nice to hear from you,take it easy and keep smilin' You've got how many 914's?
Geoff
JoeSharp
Geoff: I have 5 but there are always at least 6 here.
:PERMAGRINB: Joe
magaoidh
And I've got............ 0
but I' ve got a few Alfas!!!!!!!! they dont rust so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.