Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neo,here is your bumper styling?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
A guy named bodyman who has a link here posted these photos. Kinda resembles your Neo 914 sketch.
neo914-6
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Apr 28 2006, 05:37 AM) *

A guy named bodyman who has a link here posted these photos. Kinda resembles your Neo 914 sketch.

That's not quite what I planned but thanks for the pic. wink.gif My rear bumper may not be quite so flush with the body and will have Boxster bumperettes.

My front will have more shape than and some interesting grilles too...
Leo Imperial
That looks like the back of my vw bus with the bumper removed.
Rand
I've been thinking about integrating the bumpers into the body kinda like that... While I might design it a bit differently, I like the idea. But I hesitate to tie it in so much that a bump by a parallel parking noob would destroy my work deeply enough to affect the body. So still thinking about forming a separate bumper piece that fits closely but can be removed/replaced.

Ok, I'm sorta hijacking here, but would appreciate some comments....
If I didn't have to worry about some @sssWHOle bumping and trashing it I would just make it what I wanted. But I drive my car every day and park it in public. So, how much time and effort would you put into adjusting your ideal design to compensating for protecting yourself from idiots that will think nothing of backing into it and driving away? This is where the compromise between design and daily-drive practical comes in. I'm leaning toward design more than total street protection.... not going back to my '75 BBB!!
/hijack smile.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 28 2006, 08:45 AM) *

I've been thinking about integrating the bumpers into the body kinda like that... While I might design it a bit differently, I like the idea. But I hesitate to tie it in so much that a bump by a parallel parking noob would destroy my work deeply enough to affect the body. So still thinking about forming a separate bumper piece that fits closely but can be removed/replaced.

Ok, I'm sorta hijacking here, but would appreciate some comments....
If I didn't have to worry about some @sssWHOle bumping and trashing it I would just make it what I wanted. But I drive my car every day and park it in public. So, how much time and effort would you put into adjusting your ideal design to compensating for protecting yourself from idiots that will think nothing of backing into it and driving away? This is where the compromise between design and daily-drive practical comes in. I'm leaning toward design more than total street protection.... not going back to my '75 BBB!!
/hijack smile.gif

You could always arm the car with explosives. That way if a would be hit and run makes contact you will atleast take him out with it.But thats just me. biggrin.gif ar15.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 28 2006, 07:59 AM) *

That's not quite what I planned but thanks for the pic. wink.gif My rear bumper may not be quite so flush with the body and will have Boxster bumperettes.

For some reason I seen these photos and I thought of your drawing. maybe I was drunk or something beer3.gif confused24.gif rolleyes.gif
Rand
Thanks boboli. drunk.gif

laugh.gif

Back in the college days, in the dorm, a buddy of mine had the doorbell wired up to a car battery/car horn. Soon it became too popular because of how much fun it was to push his doorbell and make so much noise.

Problem is it became sooo much fun that everyone abused it.... of course. So he then he posted a warning to stop the nonsense. Then, with fair warning posted, he hooked up a big ass capacitor......

The losers who didn't get the message got a nice SNAP.
neo914-6
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Apr 28 2006, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 28 2006, 07:59 AM) *

For some reason I seen these photos and I thought of your drawing. maybe I was drunk or something beer3.gif confused24.gif rolleyes.gif

You're not imagining anything, I posted a pic of a 914 rear with a piece of wood as a bumper. I like how it made the body look flush like the pic you posted. The problem as Rand points out is a minor "bump" will damage the body. I'm installing Boxster plastic and aluminum mounted bumperettes for this purpose and I want it to appear "production". The drawing is in the rear spoiler and bumper threads...

Rand,
This is the classic "form follows function or function follows form dilema"..."Form" has created alot of functional solutions, BTW. Designers drew cars with large wheels and thin tires since the 80's. Now 17 and larger wheels are the standard...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.