Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: The ultimate 914 storage garage ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mountain914
Just received this in the mail. For those of you that have more cars than space, I wonder if you would consider this ? blink.gif

I am told it exists in Munich, and holds the same amound of cars on only 20% of the space (duh). I doubt I would want to await my car at rush hour !!

IPB Image

IPB Image

The text of the message was:

Talk about German efficiency! The two photos below were taken at a new parking garage in Munich. The actual space that the facility occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with the traditional design that is used primarily in the US. Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but vehicles are also "retrieved" in less time and without the potential of being damaged by an attendant.

So yes, I agree less time than a valet !
Kind of reminds me of a digital jukebox !
blitZ
That's pretty amazing. Looks like mostly small cars, don't think you could fit a SUV in there.
URY914
Looks like a great place to shoot a movie.

Mission Improbable 4
914forme
BTW, it is a VW plant, and not a lease to own storage facility. VW has choosen to vertical in market and vehicle storage.

Pickture from outside of the Dresden Phaeton Planth
914forme
Inside to the right is the glass tower of power.
914forme
And my next rotisary boldblue.gif these are all shot in the Dresden Palnt. Man I love this shot.
Gustl
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 28 2006, 03:25 PM) *

That's pretty amazing. Looks like mostly small cars, don't think you could fit a SUV in there.

it's big enaugh to carry all cars out of the VW production
the Touran is a SUV
the Sharan is a van (like the Voyager)

but I really doubt that a Navigator would fit idea.gif
sanman
what hapens when the lift breaks
Mountain914
Thanks 914forme ! I love this forum, it holds all the answers (but for some reason, I can't get someone up to my house to help me fix mine ! idea.gif Guess the answers lie here, just not the labor.

Man, that is one plant with a high drool factor ! drooley.gif
Brian Mifsud
Looks like something from "The Matrix"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.