Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALIMENA Pics...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
I didn't take many pics this year. Having too much fun I guess. I even had a photog (Thom Ewing), in my passenger seat and forgot to take ANY in-car road shots. Although Thom was pretty busy clutching his seat rails. smile.gif

Here's some pics...

Everyone got some stickers.
Joseph Mills
The hot spot on Friday night for chicken fried steak. Notice the for sale sign for the Ford tractor.
Joseph Mills
I couldn't help but notice this sign on the door when I walked in. biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Road shots should be here... driving.gif driving.gif

but all I have is our first break.
Joseph Mills
We had a Boxster (from Jackson, MS), and a 944 in the rear of our group.
Joseph Mills
Thom getting V8 info from Richard? smile.gif
Joseph Mills
More of this... driving.gif and then lunchtime at Grumpy's in Mena, AR.
Joseph Mills
Half of the gang. I see on the left, Jerry, Jaime, Robin?, Travis... on the right John's GF, John, Clay, Betty, Mike (making a face) and his wife.
Joseph Mills
Clay & Betty yukking it up.
Joseph Mills
The left bank: Linda & Dennis Carter, Curt, Heather & Thom Ewing... on the right, Reba & Rich, Bryan, Nancy & Tommy. I apologize for not remembering everyone's name.
Joseph Mills
Dennis & Curt trying to figure out...
Joseph Mills
what this guy is on... biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Insert more road pics... driving.gif driving.gif

and here we are for Saturday evening's cookout. Dennis & Mike were kind enough to offer to do the grilling. Thanks guys.
Joseph Mills
Richard's 914 with Brody SBC 500HP?
Joseph Mills
Nice ghost flames on it.
Joseph Mills
Dennis Carter's teener. About the nicest 914-6 I have ever seen.
Joseph Mills
It is better than "new".
Joseph Mills
Beautiful details all over the car.
Joseph Mills
And it may be less in price than a brand new...
Joseph Mills
Another beautiful Six.
Joseph Mills
Mike bought this car on e-bay.
Joseph Mills
Getty dash, all new tan leather. Note the power windows.
Joseph Mills
Not my favorite wheels or mirror but it all works well together. Did I mention it has a 3.2?
Joseph Mills
Clay's "ride". It doesn't necessarily show in pics, but in person, the red piping of the interior is pretty subtle and unexpected. I like it. A perfect touch of pimp.
Joseph Mills
Nice installation details. That breather reminds me of my old 911E.
Joseph Mills
Betty's nice 1.8... which she drives very well.
Joseph Mills
Jerry's clean original 75'.
Joseph Mills
Ol'Sparky. With the narrower rear tires I stiffened the front bar and added 8# of air. Fortunately it was very neutral and required no further adjustments. The Hankooks stuck REALLY well. No problem hanging with the sixes. They may have got a bit greasy the last ten miles to Mena, but it may have been my imagination, or the pebbly road surface. They were being pushed.
Joseph Mills
Anyway, that's it. Here's the last Talihina Teener leaving town on sunday morning...
Joseph Mills
Until next year. rolleyes.gif
VegasRacer
It looks like it was a fun event. Good people and nice cars. Thanks for posting the photos. beerchug.gif

I love this license plate. I guess I am not the only one with friends at the DMV.
Would the owner please send me a PM.
ClayPerrine
That is Mike Floyd's six. He told us about the plate. Seems he got lucky and the lady at the license plate office was willing to look through the plates they had. She found that plate, and he snapped it up.

At first glance, it looks like it says 914 6. clap56.gif

I like it, but I won't have classic plates on my car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.