Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
So the throttle is all hooked up, but the throttle wont close all the way if my throttle cable is hooked up. Do i need to make the spring even shorter? Or can i just grease somethign up to make it work better?

b
URY914
smash.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:42 PM) *

smash.gif

of maybe you need a new throttle pedal....someone posted about a 911 replacment that is like $10 or so from Pelican
Rand
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:31 PM) *

So the throttle is all hooked up, but the throttle wont close all the way if my throttle cable is hooked up. Do i need to make the spring even shorter? Or can i just grease somethign up to make it work better?

b

Is there slop? Can you easily twist it closed? Something is out of whack. Just make sure everything is right before using a shorter/stronger spring to compensate.
bd1308
I can it EASILY closes and opens with my fingers.....with the pedal connected, not so well.

and even with the pedal, I can easily open and close the throttle, but it wont close.

b
Rand
And it's not just the cable adjustment at the linkage connection next to the throttle body?

I bet you've already covered this, but you know... gotta check the easy stuff first. beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 28 2006, 01:49 PM) *

I can it EASILY closes and opens with my fingers.....with the pedal connected, not so well.

and even with the pedal, I can easily open and close the throttle, but it wont close.

b

how is the pedal????

the pedal serves a more than just one funtion !!!!!

bd1308
I dont understand how a pedal could serve more than one function.....

So are you saying that i'm missing some spring or something, or are you saying that I need to purchase a new pedal from PP?

b
Mueller
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 28 2006, 02:49 PM) *

I dont understand how a pedal could serve more than one function.....

So are you saying that i'm missing some spring or something, or are you saying that I need to purchase a new pedal from PP?

b

BINGO !!!!

The joint acts as a spring
McMark
The rubber that covers the hinge acts as a spring. But even worn out ones are 'functional' in that respect. Your pedal is probably rusty at the hinge. You can rebuild it, but it's probably harder to explain than to do. In the meantime, spray a bunch of PB Blaster inside the rubber at the hinge. That might help.

Also, can you loosen the cable where it attaches to the pedal cluster. If you screwed it in all the way you went too far.
bd1308
I think the metal is rusted. I'm going to pop it off tomorrow I think. That ball joint just pops off right? and then the screws to hold the pedal are on the floor pan?

b
Rand
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 30 2006, 08:51 PM) *

That ball joint just pops off right? and then the screws to hold the pedal are on the floor pan?

Yup. Just pull the pedal off. Pop.

But use some PB Blaster on the bolts to the floor pan. If rusty, they can be seized up enough to break before coming loose. BTDT.
bd1308
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 30 2006, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 30 2006, 08:51 PM) *

That ball joint just pops off right? and then the screws to hold the pedal are on the floor pan?

Yup. Just pull the pedal off. Pop.

But use some PB Blaster on the bolts to the floor pan. If rusty, they can be seized up enough to break before coming loose. BTDT.

they were put in only two years ago. some person thought it was cool to attach the pedal to the floor using a door hinge.

DAPO to the extreme!

b
bd1308
no change and I messed with it and greased everything I could find with white lithium...

I guess I need a new pedal.

b
bd1308
65 bucks!!??!?!

Does anybody in KY have a pedal I can borrow?

or should I check AA? I can't keep driving at 3000RPM constantly, eventually i'm gonna muck something.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.