Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 up for MY FAVORITE CAR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Scott Carlberg
Hello all,
our newspaper, the Modesto Bee, runs a weekly feature on Fridays, My Favorite Car.

At the end of the year, they have people write in or VOTE ONLINE for their Favorite "My Favorite Car" of the year.

Today's paper announces, Time to get out and VOTE!

There is a Porsche 914 in the mix.

Vote Here

Read the Feature on the 914 here

Some of you may remember, I posted a thread about the victory, a 914 won the award 2yrs ago.
watsonrx13
Oh hell yeah.....914s RULE

-- Rob
grantsfo
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Apr 28 2006, 02:11 PM) *

Hello all,
our newspaper, the Modesto Bee, runs a weekly feature on Fridays, My Favorite Car.

At the end of the year, they have people write in or VOTE ONLINE for their Favorite "My Favorite Car" of the year.

Today's paper announces, Time to get out and VOTE!

There is a Porsche 914 in the mix.

Vote Here

Read the Feature on the 914 here

Some of you may remember, I posted a thread about the victory, a 914 won the award 2yrs ago.

One more vote now
VegasRacer
1973 Porsche 914 12 52%

smilie_pokal.gif It's a landslide.
jgara962
Just voted.

So far, the 914 has 54% of the votes with 13.
Aaron Cox
he is a member here....
d914
69%....hehehehe!!!
jhadler
Oh come on! Against such amzing cars as the Studebaker, the Isetta and the Edsel? How can a 914 even compete?.... biggrin.gif

Okay, the Isetta's pretty neat though...

Of course I voted for the 914, they didn't have an NSU in the list... biggrin.gif

-Josh2
porschecb
This sould be a shoe in!! Unless the avante club comes out biggrin.gif
msglaigaie
I'm in. This isn't cheating, alls fair in love and war. I love 914s. cool MSG L
effutuo101
71% with 38 votes...
everybody get out and vote! we have like 5k members here....
bondo
I'm in!

Once a day, every day.. alright!
Andyrew
Kenny..

Good buddie of mine...

Voted.. I'll clear cashe's and vote again!!!
SirAndy
he got my vote ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Elliot_Cannon
The 914 for sure, although the 1962 Vette would be a close second.
Cheers, Elliot
Demick
"With his dad's help, Kenny has been able to restore the car to mint condition and find a buyer in Israel, who will have the rear of the car shipped to Israel for use on one of eight 1973 Porsches there."
"I think now I'm just planning on getting a normal car that doesn't need a bunch of work,"

HUH????

porschecb
Do you win anything? Like a trip to where your car was made? Free gas for a year? Steel flairs with matching tires, wheels & paint?
bondo
QUOTE(Demick @ Apr 28 2006, 03:30 PM) *

"With his dad's help, Kenny has been able to restore the car to mint condition and find a buyer in Israel, who will have the rear of the car shipped to Israel for use on one of eight 1973 Porsches there."
"I think now I'm just planning on getting a normal car that doesn't need a bunch of work,"

HUH????

I think he meant Turkey..

Seriously though.. that was the parts car. It's an error in the article that he pointed out the first time around.
riverman
The teener is kickin' ass! 72%. smilie_pokal.gif

Vote, and vote often.
Jeroen
73%
the other poor bastards don't stand a chance happy11.gif
jd66921
Not my favorite color, but okay, it's got my vote too!
davep
59 and 77%
Jeroen's correct.
VaccaRabite
I voted too, for the 914.

I used to live in Modesto (a long time ago). The Modesto Bee brings back some memories.

Zach
olav
Ha. It's a slaughter.
grasshopper
I just spent the last ten minutes voting 22 times biggrin.gif It is now up to 85% boldblue.gif
jimtab
Of course I voted for the 914 but the '50 Merc leadsled, in the valley, you could be in trouble...even I wavered for a minute....
Gustl
110 and 85%

wavey.gif Gustl
balljoint
Way out ahead. stan.gif
chunger
piratenanner.gif Arrgh. . . my vote's in.
*kennyd*914
84% and climbing.... driving.gif
grasshopper
I voted 17 more times! 85% and 159 votes
orange914
Click to view attachment
hey guys, i really appreciate the support of my car. incase your still wondering who i am, i am the guy with the 914 in the "my favorite car". but anyways, the orange 914 is being kept and the rear of the parts car was sold/sent to Israel (only 8 914's in israel!). those parts of the car will keep other 914's on the road, even if it is on the other side of the world!! drunk.gif .

kenny
Hammy
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment
hey guys, i really appreciate the support of my car. incase your still wondering who i am, i am the guy with the 914 in the "my favorite car". but anyways, the orange 914 is being kept and the rear of the parts car was sold/sent to Israel (only 8 914's in israel!). those parts of the car will keep other 914's on the road, even if it is on the other side of the world!! drunk.gif .

kenny

Hey Kenny.... when do you get your license? Or do you have it already? we should hang out sometime
messix
167 votes and 84% do you think they might catch on.
orange914
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 29 2006, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

kenny

Hey Kenny.... when do you get your license? Or do you have it already? we should hang out sometime

hey hammy, no i dont have my liscense yet, i still dont even have my permit yet! i wish i did though. buy anyways, i dont know exactly when but sometime i was wanting to group up like before, but this time, ill be able to go unlike before! mad.gif burnout.gif
rick 918-S
vote.
olav

The percentage doesn't even add up to 100%.
Jerry
It is up to 76% now, it's a blowout !! And, there are a bunch of nice cars there!
newto914s
My vote is in.
I also voted for the 1983 school bus. I felt bad for them, who drives a school bus on purpose screwy.gif
Tobra
It is dominating. That '62 Impala isnice, pretty sure it won its class at Autorama a few years ago, like the old Merc too.

ALL the "Bee" newspapers suck BTW, it is almost funny how blatantly tilted they are politically
msglaigaie
I do not believe this is a contest any longer. Is there any one else in your area aware this is open to vote?? We seem to be the only people involved. It may be when they saw a 914 on the chart they all just threw in the proverbial towel. MSG L
davep
Hey, it ain't no blowout anymore. The 914 is down to 54%, so no slacking, get voting!
Once a day every day.
riverman
icon_bump.gif

We're losing some ground.
grasshopper
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! 47%!!!!!!!!!!!!! 47!!!!!!!! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
GWN7
44% now
dan10101
Click to view attachmentGo Kenney!
A very nice car guys. It's worthy of your votes.
orange914
Click to view attachment
hey guys, i really appreciate all the support and here are some more pics of the car so you can get more of a description for it

hope this helps

kenny

i think the '58 thunderbird and the '28 ford model A is firing up the votes burnout.gif
sanman
got drunk and voted for the 914 drunk.gif
olav
Hey, is the voting site broken?
porschecb
I wonder if they found out about us? sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.