Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outhandled a G35
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
I could not be more proud to own a 914 right now... Last night I was messing around with a super clean g35 with about a million stickers on it and turquoise Brembos (lame, I know) on the 5. We both get off at Sand Canyon (GREAT offramp, by the way) and he goes for the pass... Needless to say I took the turn a lot faster than he ever could. I could hear his rear sliding out behind me cool.gif !

Then we got to a light and he was like, "Wtf kind of car is that?!" I gave him a thumbs up and took off. Good times.

driving.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Dontcha just luv it!!

Elliot
Mueller
cool clap56.gif

had a similar thing with a Ford Probe on Niles Canyon Rd, guy thought he could stick to my bumper the entire way......no problem on the straights since I'm not going to speed like a madman...get to the 1st hard left and I see his headlights sink to the ground from him hitting his brakes so hard MDB2.gif
JPB
Atchtung MOFO!!!

beer.gif Here's to the prised Bavarian Beast.
spunone
Fuchin ehh my brother where's are props beer.gif
Brett W
That was the most fun in my teener and now in my Civic. Taking corners at a much higher rate of speed is normal. Don't you love when you are cruising along in no hurry on some straight city street and some asshole in a SUV starts riding your ass. Then you get to the twisty bits and never even lift. ALl the while he is sliding around in your rearview mirror and suddenly he isn't there riding your ass any more.

That is what makes driving one of the cars so much fun.

Last weekend at the track I was doing parade laps and forced a new Lightening off the track with smoke rolling out of his wheelwells. He needs more brakes.
olav

Nice. Plus you had a mystery car too!
Scott Carlberg
G35 = Infinity 2dr coupe, right?

Nice Kill! smilie_pokal.gif
brokenmoped
Yeah, Infinity G35 coupe. In Japan, they're Skylines...so, I could technically say I outhandled a Skyline, albeit not a GTR... laugh.gif

This one was severly modded up too. Had brakes, suspension (judging from the stickers), body kit, etc. Don't you love it when your $4000 car can out perform a $30000+ car? I know I do. biggrin.gif
messix
i love passing cars on clover leaf on ramps that are two lanes on the outside lane. ricers most of all.
Scott Carlberg
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Apr 28 2006, 11:24 PM) *

Props dude. GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE RUNNING...... It'll be open season for ricers on Rim of the World. ar15.gif
Mark D.
effutuo101
Up north of Seattle there is an onramp that starts off with an off camber then drops about 35 feet. It is two lanes wide and pretty sharp (at speed). Many a tuner realized and came to respect the cornering ability of the teener on that corner. My youngest brother was going on and on about a civic that we were next to on the on ramp. Both cars hit the gas and as soon as we started to drop and turn, he hit the brakes. I was in the gas the whole way around. My brother was laughing so hard he almost wet himself. That was the last time i heard about any Civic or Prelude or Corolla. So what if they blow by about 500 yards up the road. It is all about the corner at that point in time. My brother wants his first car to be a 914.
turboman808
thats why ya guys need more power. Never let them catch you!
BMXerror
Yup. I've already designed the motor I want to build, and if my research is at all accurate, I'm thinking it should get around 180 RWHP.... I'd be happy with 160, but either way, at 2200 pounds, that outta cook some rice!
Mark D.
rhodyguy
which ramp is that chris? i'm always looking. i've got some dandy ones in the south sound. the south bound 405 to sb 167 ramp is one i regularly leave cars in the dust on.

k
MattR
QUOTE(JPB @ Apr 28 2006, 04:19 PM) *

Atchtung MOFO!!!

beer.gif Here's to the prised Bavarian Beast.

Hey! Its a Porsche, not a BMW!!!

biggrin.gif
brp914
aktion035.gif !!! Absolutely nuthin' like puttin' the fear of god in those so-called "S" uv's! Must admit to baiting them myself and it makes my day when they bite!
effutuo101
The on ramp is 164th to I-5 north when you are headed east bound on 164. I think that is mile marker 184? I will go check as it is on the way to my sisters house. I actually got some drift yesterday. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 28 2006, 10:16 PM) *

i love passing cars on clover leaf on ramps that are two lanes on the outside lane. ricers most of all.

Yeah, I was thinking how fun the outside is on the two lane ramp from westbound I-90 to north I-5. 4 cars on the inside and a ricer behind me. Passed em all without lifting, saw the ricer braking in the mirror while I was merging with the I-5 collector
lane and............gone. Ever watched a cat jump from the floor to a table - it's like they're beamed up. That's what a teener is like in close quarters. Fun at any speed.
bwilless
One of my best memories with my 73 2.0 was at a DE. This ford focus was in front of me. I was way faster in the twisties, but could not pull him on the straight. After about 4 laps of me riding his ass in the twisties I get a good run out of a corner and get by him. The next turn is a fast left with a hard right, I cruise through at high speeds only to look in my rear view. I see the focus ass end sway right, sway left, sway right, and then spin into the dirt. I loved it. He thought he could run with the teener, he was wrong! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.