Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Thunder at Putnam Park Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I met Van914 yesterday along with his friend Rich, who drives the Red 286 car you'll see pics of here.
I didn't get to spend too much time with them, but they were both very nice and I enjoyed meeting them.

I was only there for 2 hours or so. Here's what I've got.
seanery
abcd
seanery
efgh
seanery
ijkl
seanery
mnop
seanery
This is Van914 checking pressures.
seanery
qrst
seanery
uvwx
seanery
yz
seanery
aaa
seanery
aaa
seanery
this is the 1.7 car
seanery
aaa
seanery
lkj
seanery
kkg
seanery
kjh
seanery
ads
seanery
sdf
seanery
daf
seanery
sfa
seanery
75 is a 2.2 with slide valve injection
seanery
kjl
seanery
kadf
seanery
fds
seanery
dafsda
seanery
dsf
seanery
not a great angle for shooting
seanery
dfa
seanery
adsf
seanery
Here's the injection
seanery
an early -4 with a 2.0 in it.
seanery
afd
seanery
adfs
seanery
Here is a Rennshifter. It was in the red 286.
seanery
There was a 962 out there, too!
Brad Roberts
The white 75 car is pretty trick. Twin plug slide valve TECIII injected bad boy.. not to mention the Sheridan narrow body kit.

The white 1.7 car is something I have been thinking about for awhile (cheap engine to replace if you wanted to race it). Also.. you stand a chance of winning your class when nobody shows up...LOL

B
914Timo
Very nice pics and cars. Especially I liked those slide valve throttle bodys..... aktion035.gif
machina
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 22 2003, 03:41 AM)
The white 1.7 car is something I have been thinking about for awhile (cheap engine to replace if you wanted to race it). Also.. you stand a chance of winning your class when nobody shows up...LOL

How much cheaper to build a 1.7 vs a 2.0? More than a $500 less?

david
Van914
smilie_flagge24.gif
Sean,
It was nice to meet you at the race. Here are the results of our efforts on Sunday.
The white 75 914 GT-5R (Marc James) won race 1 with Rich in the Maroon GT-5S Finishing Second. It was an exciting race as two of the favorites spun on the first lap in front of the entire field.
Take care,
Van
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
seanery
Van, congratulate Rich for me if you get a chance!

Good Job!
seanery
Oh, the 1.7 isn't a stock engine by any means. It's got all the goodies, it's just small.
Curvie Roadlover
Great pics, Sean. Thanks
seanery
This event is coming up this year Sept 17-19. If you're a racer or an experienced DE guy (must have 4 or 6 days) you should attend. This is a good track with lots of run-off. If you driven the big track at Willow Springs turn 9 & 10 here are similar to 8 & 9 at Willow, but a bit slower. It's a fun track. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.