Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G-tech
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I bought a G-tech Pro performance meter from PP. Since my car's been in the shop I haven't used it at all. I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with it and if it's useful at all.
L8Apex
my friend had one of those. it's basically an Accelerometer. measures G forces vs time to check 1/4 times and stuff like that. That's why you MUST do it on a flat surface. I basically used it mainly for lateral G's on my car(s). Dunno if it's accurate, but I once got 1.3g's at an autoX with my CRX. interesting.
Brad Roberts
I have not... but I did meet the guy int he ads when he was running SpeedVision World challenge... ha ha

I hear they work very well. I would mind trying one out.

B
mskala
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Jan 3 2003, 02:54 PM)
it's basically an Accelerometer... That's why you MUST do it on a flat surface...

Actually, from looking at the site for the new gtech pro, it is a 3-axis accelerometer, which means you don't need to care about the flatness. If this is correct and they implemented it right, this is a huge deal, since any yokel like myself can do data capture off wheel sensors or accel. modules. I have built something like that for fun but it doesn't really do much for you without a good place to exercise the car, a lot. You can make a lot of changes to a 914 and still not be able to distinguish improvement, because shifting a 901 takes time (or teeth).smile.gif
Mark S.
'70 914-6
Brad Roberts
Hey Mark.. glad you could make it.. drag Rich over here.

B
L8Apex
mskala, maybe my friend had the 1st generation one. The new one is probably a 3 axis. The 1st gen one kinda sucked, but fun to play with. According to it, my CRX can do 1/4 mile in 8 flat. haha
Brad Roberts
The friggin new GTECH commercial has a GT flared 914 in it going around a track.

COOL.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.