Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Far better than a day at work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ejm
Took Friday off from work and went to Lime Rock with Paul Fierberg to watch practice for the PCA club race. Drove my malaga red '76 and Paul showed up in his zambezi '73. Talked with the owners of a couple of other 914's in the lot.
ejm
more
ejm
Really well done '71 running a 2.0/4 with D-jet... talked with the owner/builder/driver for a few minutes.. on his list of what the car has was a Bowlsby harness

ejm
more
ejm
Dave (davec) was there with his car
ejm
Couple of other racers..
ejm
one more
ejm
And some 911's.. the white car is Peter, owner of the Palmer House in Manchester, VT. where the ECR '03 &'05 was held
VegasRacer
Thanks for posting Ed. beerchug.gif
Great day. Nice cars. Excellent photos.
pfierb
Nice pictures Ed.especially the one of the guy in the orange sweater and Zambezi green 914. Fun day it sure is better than work.

Paul

blabla914
Ed,

Sorry I missed you guys. I was supposed to be up at LRP to do a tour of Skip Barber's shops with the student section of the SAE on Friday, but I had to work. Which obviously sucked. Looks like you had a great day. Nice picts.

Kelly
davec
Ed, it was good to see you too! What a course, perfect for the 914. I especially enjoy kicking turbo a$$ on the short track (present company excluded). mueba.gif
davec
Oh yeah, the #17 car belongs to Rick Deman, Deman Motorsports from NYC, who won the enduro in his 914 with a 2.2 liter!! Those turbo's and GT3's have nothing on us.
TimT
We decided to skip the Lime Rock club race after 5 years of rainy weekends.

and then this... two top-ten days beautiful weather

Nice pics, Nicks car always looks interesting
Aaron Cox
what do we know about the "insanely modded use-to-be-914" ?

drewvw

Great pics. I need to get to limerock....never been there.
TimT
insanely modded use-to-be-914

Thats Nicks car

has a 956 or 962 engine, can never remember which engine, has a 935 transmission with the dif "flipped" to fit a mid engined car..
The 914 tub still exists somwhere in all that bodywork, the car has 993 front susp, runs some obscure old engine management system

has power steering.. etc...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TimT @ Apr 30 2006, 07:14 PM) *

insanely modded use-to-be-914

Thats Nicks car

has a 956 or 962, can never remember which engine, has a 935 transmission with the dif "flipped" to fit a mid engined car..
The 914 tub still exists somwhere in all that bodywork, the car has 993 front susp, runs some obscure old engine management system

has power steering.. etc...

izit fast tongue.gif
TimT
my car is faster w00t.gif

If you disect that lap missed a (few) shift out of the bus stop, and Nick making his car a double wide in the toe..

http://www.rudtnersracing.com/Videos/WGI05.wmv

Spencer and Bill are wicked fast, Rick DeMan is an impressive driver in any car
davec
Bill was turning low 55's.
Matt Romanowski
I saw the monster 914/362/935/uberPorsche turn a 1:59 out of the pits at Watkins Glen. That's Cup Car territory. That car is ridiculously fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.