Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K & H Air Filter Hose Connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Click to view attachment PO installed a K&H air filter on my '74 2.0L. One of the hose connections was cut and plugged. Engine idles high. Could be the problem?? Anyone know the proper hose connections for the K&H??

I'm trying to attach a pic of the engine showing the hose plugged with a bolt (resting on oil fill cap). Hope the pic comes thru OK.
srb7f
I don't mean to insult you here, but have you tried the idle speed adjustment screw yet? It's located on the throttle body facing the airbox. Steve

Rand
A filter element doesn't change the hose requirements.

For sure try screwing the idle adjustment in on the side of the throttle body.

Fast idle would be caused by too much air getting in the intake. A leaky vacuum hose or open connector at the plenum below the butterfly can cause that. The hose you're talking about connects above the throttle body, so the plugged end in your photo wouldn't be the problem.

I *think* that hose is for the AAR. The place you need to check for air leaks is the other end. If the AAR is gone, make sure the hole is blocked off air tight. If the AAR is present, make sure all the hoses are connected or taps are plugged air tight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.